xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ms Dashboard Problems  (Read 1149 times)

Zeke

• Archived User
Ms Dashboard Problems
« on: October 22, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

I have recently purchased a new xbox v1.6 and a new mod chip x3.  I installed the chip successfully (which rocks) and flashed with the x3_1892 bios.  I backed up the C and E partitions and also the files generated by using the backup feature in evolution-x.  I installed a 120 gig western digital which was in my old modded box.  I transfered the contents of the xbox C drive over to the 120.  Initially I believed that everything was running fine.  My problem is that when I try to run the MS dash I receive an error message "general unspecific error" or similar with my chip on or off.  I want to get this drive working WITHOUT reformatting it if possible.  I have read a few things about slayers auto evox installer and the repair/install msdash but I am unsure whether that would help me in this situation.
I would also note that the 120gig is not locked, nor do I believe it can be.
I have the MS dash named xboxdash.xbe, i boot from xbmc.xbe, also have evox.xbe.

Any help greatly appreciated,  Thanks

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Ms Dashboard Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

You can try using slayers to restore C:.  That won't delete anything else you have... maybe one of your orig dash files got corrupt.