xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Msdash With Xblive Versions  (Read 3799 times)

NeMesiS2oo4

• Archived User
Msdash With Xblive Versions
« on: September 22, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

I'd been having trouble trying to get a MSdash with XBlive to work with my Xbox.

I got one of them modchips that if you tap the on button it should launch MSdash (mod-off) and when held for 2sec evox is launched (mod-on).

I can get the normal MSdash "without" XBlive to work, but when i try the a MSdash with i keep getting, error 13. however MSdash with XBlive works when launched from evox with the mod-on.

My current MSdash with XBlive version is "10027100" which i got from a clear xbox pack with PGR2. The other day i got Driver3 and i weant to launch the XBlive in the game and it installed yet another version of XBdash onto my HDD which is "185a6100" i got these numbers from the end of the xboxdashdata folder located in c:\....

Q. Is there a version of MSdash with XBlive that will work without the mod-on so i can connect to XBlive?

Q. Or can this error 13 be due to something else? My files are not corrupt or missing, everything seems to be fine yet it still doesn't work.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »

i bout gaurentee the proplem is that you have renamed the xbe files for your xboxdash
if you followed evox guides when installing your dash you probably named the xbe for evox xboxdash.xbe and renamed the original xboxdash.xbe to msxboxdash.xbe or something
this is NOT nescisary as all current bioses will load multiple xbe names
rename the xbe for evox to evoxdash.xbe and the one for the ms dash to xboxdash.xbe and you should be fine

if this doesn't work just rebuild your c partition

NeMesiS2oo4

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

I have rebuilt C:\ a number of time which doesn't help, and the .xbe name are correct. Is there anything else that could be affecting it?

maybe bios? or something...