xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kid Friendly Dashboard  (Read 3116 times)

opjose

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

Fastbiker:

Your missing the Xbox's most salient feature in this respect!

The GAME RATINGS.

Drop to the MS Dashboard and set a game rating limt of say PG-13.

Enter the passcode.

Now no matter what they try to run, or even boot from the CD-ROM, if it exceeds the rating, it will NOT work!

It doesn't matter which dashboard you use once the level is set.

Works great, less filling, no hassles.

chefelf

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

opjose

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (fastbiker @ May 6 2004, 06:04 PM)
opjose-  yes but do i have to boot with the chip disabled to do this??  I went from evox to MS and didnt see the game rating setup...   unsure.gif

No, no need to disable the Mod chip.

Merely drop to the MS dash from Evo-x or whatever you are using.

The Parental Controls have been there since the first Xbox revision.

They are there, dig a little deeper, you'll find them.

Then when a game that exceeds the rating level is run, even if booted from CD, the Xbox will refuse to run it.

It will merely return to the dashboard.

noascii

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (opjose @ May 14 2004, 11:32 AM)

Then when a game that exceeds the rating level is run, even if booted from CD, the Xbox will refuse to run it.

awesome.. thanks for this!  I'll try to find it now

fastbiker

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »

unsure.gif

dr.no

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2004, 01:26:00 AM »

wink.gif I know it might sound gay and lame, but whatever. You shouldn't bring them illegal stuff right to their playing room.

Oh. Please don't tell me that you use a dash for playing mp3s and emus and only use your own backups. Noone here does - except a few uber-linux-geeks, but those are only a few.

TheSaint

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

I don't think you should throw stones in the glass house Dr. No.  Remeber, don't ask, don't tell.  So why bother bringing up the piracy bit.  He asked a simple question about dashboards and you've turned it into something else.  Quit the 1 track mind and be helpful. (Admins - if you want to edit go ahead, I know I said help, but this is a ridiculous rant on a very trivial question!)

I use MXM for this feature.  It works B-E-Autiful.  I have  kids that play on the box devoutly and this keeps them seperated from my games and their games.

opjose

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

QUOTE (dr.no @ May 30 2004, 09:26 AM)
Wouldn't it be better to educate your kids that using pirated software is bad? Just my thought. wink.gif I know it might sound gay and lame, but whatever. You shouldn't bring them illegal stuff right to their playing room.

Oh. Please don't tell me that you use a dash for playing mp3s and emus and only use your own backups. Noone here does - except a few uber-linux-geeks, but those are only a few.

Yes it's gay and lame, in that no one but you seemed to addressed things this way. Like a homeophobe constantly talking about gays, due to fixations about the same, maybe that's what you are about?!?

You are also far too young to have children, as ANY parent immediately realizes the value in loading games to the HDD and then making the Xbox kid friendly.

So yes, not EVERYONE who mods their Xbox does so because they wish to pirate games.

The majority of the -ADULTS- like the convenience of the HDD simply for the ease and savings on wasted DVD's, scratched disks, etc.

--------

Microshaft needs a wakeup call about this feature...

adil786

• Archived User
Kid Friendly Dashboard
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 07:08:00 AM »

tHc is best for kids.... lite....
Pages: 1 [2]