xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Upgrading Hard Drive  (Read 1328 times)

Criticalmass24

• Archived User
Upgrading Hard Drive
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:13:00 PM »

I was wondering how i would upgrade my hard drive from a 10 gig to a 80 gig. is there any tools you need.
i tried coping all the files from the 10 to the 80 but it would not work i kept getting errors.

theperfekt001

• Archived User
Upgrading Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »

what kind of mod do you have?
if you have a chip, you can just make an unleashx boot disc and boot to that with your new hdd in and format it with the disc. you can then copy over all needed files. that's how i did it back in the day...
although i believe there are autoinstallers now that will do it for you. again, this is for if you have a chip.

This post has been edited by theperfekt001: Feb 18 2006, 01:16 AM

Criticalmass24

• Archived User
Upgrading Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(theperfekt001 @ Feb 17 2006, 06:16 PM) *

what kind of mod do you have?
if you have a chip, you can just make an unleashx boot disc and boot to that with your new hdd in and format it with the disc. you can then copy over all needed files. that's how i did it back in the day...
although i believe there are autoinstallers now that will do it for you. again, this is for if you have a chip.

i have a soft mod.. i used the 007 gamesave to do it.

Kreegs1987

• Archived User
Upgrading Hard Drive
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox2.shtml

Go to that link and follow the tutorial.  I did it and it took me about 20 min total to do.  The other nice thing about this is that you will make a formating disc that will have all of your basic files on so that if you ever want to return your box to the original modded state you can just format the drive again with the disc.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Your going to need to access Xbins to get xboxhdm so you need some kind of irc client.

Oh yeah if you need a app to FTP to your box use either SmartFTP (freeware), FlashFXP (Demo if you dont want ot buy), or CuteFTP (Also demo if you dont want to buy)

This post has been edited by Kreegs1987: Feb 18 2006, 02:44 AM