xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: High Definition And Video Problems In Unleashx  (Read 1384 times)

jeesusfreek

• Archived User
High Definition And Video Problems In Unleashx
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

I set the video mode in UnleashX as widescreen (I have a 16:9 42" Toshiba HD tv) and enabled 480p, 720p, and 1080i (I'm using the official MS Hi-Def pack for Xbox).  I didn't notice one bit of difference in the games which I though was weird.  So I went to the MS dash and enabled the options there (which were turned off) and enabled Dolby Digital (I'm using optical audio out).  Now games are super awesome, but every time I try to go into my dash it flickers once like normal, then reproduces the splash screen several times before going to a black screen.  The MS dash works fine (I can boot with the eject button) and games work fine, but a video conflict is hanging up UnleashX.  I can get my music to start playing from the dash also.  The regular A/V cable works fine, however.  It is frustrating and I would rather not reinstall Krayzie's softmod (SC) because then I would have to reinstall my apps.  Is that my best choice?  I've tried almost every video setting available, but to no avail.

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

It does the flicker thing for me too.  I think it's just to do with the resolution adjusting.

jeesusfreek

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 03:46:00 PM »

no no no.  I get the flicker and that's normal.  I know that.  After it flickers it shows the UnleashX splash screen tripled.  Then it just goes black.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:14:00 PM »

Ok did you select all the options in UnleashX to Yes like 480p 720p and 1080i, because if you did its probably were you went wrong.  You just need to pick the one you want to use and set it to yes and leave the others at no
at least thats how it works for me

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Feb 8 2006, 12:15 AM

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

yep... if your TV doesnt support 720p, dont check it.

dragonjnice

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

OK, well I have Avalaunch as well as unleash.  My Ava can work in HD, but the unleash won't even allow me to turn 480, 720, and 1080 on.  Any ideas?  Oh,  and my MS dash has the options enabled...

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

QUOTE(dragonjnice @ Feb 10 2006, 04:02 PM) *

OK, well I have Avalaunch as well as unleash.  My Ava can work in HD, but the unleash won't even allow me to turn 480, 720, and 1080 on.  Any ideas?  Oh,  and my MS dash has the options enabled...

Nope not a clue but I trust you are using the latest verion

dragonjnice

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

which version is the latest?  i'm not sure which one i'm using.  in the usual places, what is the file title?

E weez E

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

QUOTE("dragonjnice")
which version is the latest? i'm not sure which one i'm using. in the usual places, what is the file title?

UnleashX_0_38_0515A is the latest public release to my knowledge. I've heard that UnleashX is going to give the public an update very soon though. Try uninstalling Avalaunch and UnleashX and then reinstalling them one at a time and testing them one at a time with HD settings (starting with UnleashX).

J03M4M4

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

I too am having this problem. Something with this more persistant HD settings in Unleash X have my xbox only acting right when the eject button dash is used. Otherwise the dash is doubled on my TV, I beleive tripled on others. Mine is EDTV, but i've used Component cables with the MS HD pack forever in 480i and all progressive scan modes are turned off everywhere, in EVERYTHING.

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(J03M4M4 @ Mar 2 2006, 03:16 PM) *

I too am having this problem. Something with this more persistant HD settings in Unleash X have my xbox only acting right when the eject button dash is used. Otherwise the dash is doubled on my TV,................

Ok well I'm piecing together a little more here now that you have given more info My guess is that when you installed that HD patch you mentioned in the other thread it actually replaced the normal boot bios that you used with the other one that you posted {sid4-hd.bin} and now every time you boot it boots to that bios unless you push the eject button and it boots to the other bios
I'm guessing SIDs installer uses a bios loader app instead of nkpatcher ?
If this is the case if you just replace the bios (.bin file) with the original one from the exploit it should boot OK
Have a look at the install script and see where and what files it copies

J03M4M4

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Thanks Jezz, I'm going to figure this out, but I think I am gonna have to post more into the softmodding forums too, thanks for the link, I couldn't find it before. I was looking for "softmodding".
<List Text="High Definition Patches" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
         <List Text="Install HD Patch" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
            <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="INSTALL">This will Install the High Definition Patch for your Softmod. Do you wish to proceed?</Item>
            <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\21585554\000000000000\sid4-hd.bin" Arg2="E:\sid4-hd.bin"></Item>
         </List>
         <List Text="Uninstall HD Patch" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
            <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UNINSTALL">This will Uninstall the High Definition Patch for your Softmod. Do you wish to proceed?</Item>
            <Item Action="Copy" Arg1="E:\UDATA\21585554\000000000000\sid4-hd.bin" Arg2="E:\sid4-hd.bin"></Item>
            <Item Action="Delete" Arg1="E:\sid4-hd.bin"></Item>
         </List>
That is the code from the config.xml for the SID 4.5 installer. If it helps let me know. I've tried removeing the sid4-hd.bin file completely from my Xbox hd, and no luck. As you can see, its not really doing anything , but moving this file around. Or so it seems. But when I remove the file, or let the SID 4.5 installer remove it, it still is stuck in HD. I'm going to do like you said Jezz and just try to move around and rename the bin file that IS working for when the Eject button is used. I think you might be onto something.

Pinesal

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

What TV do you have?  Most likly it's switching to a resolution not supported by your TV.

kapdon

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

"I set the video mode in UnleashX as widescreen (I have a 16:9 42" Toshiba HD tv) and enabled 480p, 720p, and 1080i"

if you have an older hdtv it may not support both resolutions (i) & (p). for example it might support 480i but not 480p, 720p but not 720i, 1080p but not 1080i. find out which resolutions your tv supports and enable only that resolution in Unleash. on not 100% sure but i believe that Unleash automatically defaults to the highest enabled resolution.