xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Downloads Going "corrupt"  (Read 1252 times)

pb_05

• Archived User
Downloads Going "corrupt"
« on: December 28, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

just a minor problem here....not really shure why it is happening though. when i try to download the newest version of Unleash X when it prompts me when i boot up, i try and then it says the material i have downloaded is corrupt. my halo 2 modded maps have also seemed to go corrupt... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  but i can fix those w/o help.

also...i just installed the newest xbmc version to my xbox. i transfered it and then overwrote my old one. i edited both config.xml files in the C and E drives, and it looks similar to this    XBMC New\XBMC\default.xbe
then when i start the xbox and go to the xbox media center selection in my applications section, it gives me my old setup even though i have changed it. could i get any help with this?

also....this may sound a little weird...but i would like to "spice" up my xbox a little...i have xbmc running, linksbox, a dvd player, a Px HDD loader (dunno what that is)...im just looking for something else that could be cool to run on my xbox, like an app or something lol....

also if i wanted to add another selection under my applications menu for MimesisV2...what would the ID of it be?

thanks for everything...this is what i have been working on for the past week of so, thanks

pb_05

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

k so i fixed the xbmc issue by myself, and i added new halo 2 maps...i still cant download the newest version of UnleashX from my xbox though, and im scared to update in fear of messing something up. another thing that is happening is when i try to download game previews for a new skin i just got, it says its not in the right format or i have reached my quota for the day? what does that mean? so basically thats it

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »

I would suggest if you are having problems with the liveupdate feature that you download the main file from the other "Usual Places"

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Dec 29 2005, 10:53 PM

pb_05

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

ok i updated sucessfully...i then changed the skin and when i restarted my xbox none of the menu items appear!! what is happenieing my xbox is acting up all of a sudden! can somebody please help??