xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unleash X Softmod And Component Output  (Read 1037 times)

Gooch2k2

• Archived User
Unleash X Softmod And Component Output
« on: March 12, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »

I've got Unleash X up and running, works great, but, when I'm hooked up via component cables, video cuts out when Unleash X loads.  If I switch to a regular hookup, it's fine.

I've got the component pack, my tv does 480p and 1080i, and I have a component switch box.   The xbox played through these cables fine before the mod.  

If I go into the video settings, I cannot change the setting for 480p, etc.  

I've read in another thread that you should change settings in the bios, but I don't know how to get into the bios!

Any help?

Thanks!

harrytasker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 03:02:00 AM »

Just get a hardware mod, cheap, safe and simple and works fine all the time :P

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

You don't need a modchip or TSOP flash. A softmod works just fine. I use component video cables to hook into my little 20" sanyo flat screen tv. As you can tell it really isn't hdtv but still the video doesn't cut out. Hmm does it cut out when you load other dashes/bioses? How did you softmod it? You must have used a installer/gamesave exploit that includes a dashboard of some sort so did that work fine? Are you using the latest release of UnleashX? What bios and bios loader are you using?  :popcorn:

batmanrob

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

I had to switch my tv settings in order to accept the high defination mode. But then before i set it i still got a picture. I just softmodded a xbox and it plays fine on 480, 720 and 1080i, i used crazyinstaller for the softmod(latest). Neo genesis and xsnses look awesome in 1080i, it is worth the trouble  

:beer:

Batman