xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Constant Ftp Errors  (Read 1239 times)

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« on: December 09, 2004, 05:19:00 PM »

I've been looking at peoples 'bug reports' and there would be way more people talking if this was a problem with the release I'd think.  But anyway, I've upgraded from Avalaunch to the latest UX on two boxes.  I've figured out how top access the client and all that and I can connect to each box (but not auto-detect?).  The problem is, whether I'm uploading to a box or downloading from a box I get errors almost immediately....it will transfer like 50-100 files.  It's just a vague error like FTP Transfer Failed or something but it always fails on the same files.  I couldn't get one game to transfer over.  I tried this hooking them directly together with a crossover and I tried it with each of them on my network with the same results.  So then I just decided to forget boost mode and used flash fxp to transfer from one to the other over my network.  Any ideas?  Thanks...

Jezz_X

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »

Auto detect will only work when you set Auto detect to Yes in the settings\network part right under the DNS settings

As for the errors.  I thinks its a reported bug that copying a directory with lots of small files will error but if you select all the files individually and then copy it will work OK.

mdisturbed

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

As long as you have the network setup properly and the xbox setup properly...you should have no problems.....i use the latest of all apps and dashes (whenever they update i get it right away).  I have never had a problem ftping into my box.  I use Flash FXP on my pc and just make sure my xbox is powered on and sitting at the dash.  Then start ftping, no problems with this setup no matter what size the files.  I dont use the ftp feature in unleashx i find this way easier and faster IMO.

Hope that helps.....

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

Yeah, FlashFXP works.  I'm talking xbox to xbox.  There's no way I'm going to copy all the files one at a time.

Renthal

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 07:32:00 AM »

So turning off boost mode allowed all the files to transfer over? I've had the same errors xbox - xbox.

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

no, I transfered them through my pc over the network (fxp) which makes boost mode not possible.  It still goes pretty fast though.

Assimilator

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

I know this is a bit of a cross post but i thort i'd post it here as well as in the bug thread

The ftp client and server seems to be full of bugs it almost seemd an impossibillity to copy files from xbox to xbox with and error msg occurning after a few files being copyed, the log stated there was not enough room on the destination, I wouldent call 100gig not enough room but anyway.....

I then proceded to log on to both xboxes with flash fxp and tryed to fxp stuff from one xbox to the other but jamed up almost instantly. Since both xboxs were serving on port 21 i changed one of them to port 50 and flash fxp lit up like a chrismas tree but stll with problems it would jam up on some files over
50 mb in size and wouldent transfer some file that were 0 bytes.

On the other hand i had no problem getting files on my PC to either xbox or from either xbox to the PC.

Mxyzptlk

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

I have the same problem on all three xbox's that I have upgraded to the new Unleash (with patch).  I cannot FTP from system to system, or from PC to system without errors.  
I can however use my X3 BIOS or load up another dash and have no problems.  For now, I have had to revert to the previous release.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

sirsmooth

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Yeah, Transfering files from xbox to xbox is a no go atall, shit really has this feature is what i have been waiting for since the first ux dash :(

It works well with some files but others just dont wanna transfer. And its not worth taken the risk just incase it fooks one of the files up :(

Im sure unleashx is ontop of it as we speak thou :)

sirs

happymaan

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »

I’m having the exact same problem.  I end up using avalaunch to transfer from xbox to xbox, I get about 10,000 transfer rate on average.  It crashes once or twice during the transfer but I usually transfer like 200 gigs, so that’s okay.

I use Unleashx .37.1207a Build 536 on the host machine and the avalaunch on the machine getting the files.

But once unleashx has this working I won’t need another dash for anything else.

-happymaan

This post has been edited by happymaan: Dec 12 2004, 11:25 PM

Assimilator

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

now that our voice is stronger on this bug hopefully it will be fixed ASAP :D

4NIC8TOR

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Assimilator @ Dec 12 2004, 03:59 AM)
I know this is a bit of a cross post but i thort i'd post it here as well as in the bug thread

The ftp client and server seems to be full of bugs it almost seemd an impossibillity to copy files from xbox to xbox with and error msg occurning after a few files being copyed, the log stated there was not enough room on the destination, I wouldent call 100gig not enough room but anyway.....

I then proceded to log on to both xboxes with flash fxp and tryed to fxp stuff from one xbox to the other but jamed up almost instantly. Since both xboxs were serving on port 21 i changed one of them to port 50 and flash fxp lit up like a chrismas tree but stll with problems it would jam up on some files over
50 mb in size and wouldent transfer some file that were 0 bytes.

On the other hand i had no problem getting files on my PC to either xbox or from either xbox to the PC.

I noticed that too...all of the files that are 0 bytes say that they failed to transfer but if you look they are all there.  I think it creates the files rather than transfering them since they are 0 bytes.  I was really looking forward to the ftp client and it was one of the main reasons I finally switched from Avalaunch.  I can't wait until it works properly.

Assimilator

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

interesting you say that because when i did a compare folder scan with flash fxp it was showing no differences !!!!! weird............

unleashx

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

Wait for the new version. All problems related to the FTP is fixed.

Assimilator

• Archived User
Constant Ftp Errors
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (unleashx @ Dec 14 2004, 05:42 PM)
Wait for the new version. All problems related to the FTP is fixed.

Unleash you are a god :-) thanks for the head up :D