xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fs Limited Edition Mountain Dew Xbox  (Read 48 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Fs Limited Edition Mountain Dew Xbox
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »

The time has come to finally sell my Mountain Dew XBOX. This XBOX is in mint condition and has NEVER been opened at all. I have it softmodded currently, but I'll return the box to stock before I sell it. I've had it about 2 years now and rarely ever used it, I mainly kept it as a novelty item.

Looking for $300 shipped OBO

Comes with power cable, AV cable, and 2 "S Type" controllers (there were never any special controllers with the Mt Dew XBOXs). EDIT: See the next 2 posts below about special edition controllers.

(IMG:http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f107/BCcerealkilla/DewXBOX.jpg)

BTW, I do not have the original box or packaging that the XBOX came in, sorry I didn't get it when I bought it either.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Jun 18 2008, 03:03 PM

annell

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:03:00 AM »

There was a special controller. Is present to her?
Here you can have a look at him:
(IMG:http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/48/03/4425619009a0fddc832d5110.L.jpg)
Klick

This post has been edited by annell: Jun 18 2008, 10:07 AM

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »

Huh, thanks for posting that  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)  I'd actually never even seen one and I must have looked at at least 20 when I was buying mine. Even google image searching didn't provide another one. Learn something new everyday, lol.

The one I'm selling will not have a special controller, both S Type controllers will be stock black ones.

Even wiki doesn't list anything about the controller:

Mountain Dew Limited Edition
The Mountain Dew Limited Edition Xbox was only available through a Mountain Dew sweepstakes requiring loyal Dew-drinking Xbox fans to amass 550 points in order to "buy" the Limited Edition Xbox. The sweepstakes spanned 5 months – from April to August – in 2004. Production numbers seems 5000. The Mountain Dew Limited Edition Xbox was neon-green colored and had a special jewel atop the Xbox that had the words "Limited Edition" and the Mt. Dew logo under the Xbox name. Included with the neon green console was one of two games: Project Gotham Racing 2 or Amped 2.

This post has been edited by cerealkillajme: Jun 18 2008, 03:05 PM

I'm.The.Best

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »

YEAH LOL, Ive Never SEEN A MOUNTAIN DEW EDITION CONTROLLER.
ANd If your smart enough You Could see it's Just One That Someone Made To match The
DEW edition xbox. I'm Pretty positive they did not make a controller for it.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »

Bump

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »

Still for sale  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Cappi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »

They did make a mountain dew controller. It was a duke, same green as the console. The jewel was the same as the one on the console, only smaller to fit the controller. They did not give them away with the console. I have been searching for the last half hour to find the pic of them on my computer, but I cant seem to locate it. When I find it I will post it.

capboy210

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »

What kind of DVD drive does the xbox have in it? whats the manufacture date on it? Version?

I'm somewhat interested. But it all pends on the 360 sale and if I really want this xbox... Thanks!

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(capboy210 @ Jun 27 2008, 12:11 AM) *

What kind of DVD drive does the xbox have in it? whats the manufacture date on it? Version?

I'm somewhat interested. But it all pends on the 360 sale and if I really want this xbox... Thanks!

Off the top of my head I think it's a 1.4 with a Samsung, but I'll double check when I get home and let you know.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(capboy210 @ Jun 27 2008, 12:11 AM) *

Sorry I didn't get an update last night. It does have a Samsung drive, MFG is 2003-03-20, and the version is actually 1.3.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 10:13:00 AM »

Bump