xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: R Ascripts Written 4 "n" Expected To Work In "o"?  (Read 1830 times)

SumDumGuy3

• Archived User
R Ascripts Written 4 "n" Expected To Work In "o"?
« on: September 10, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

Hi all,

I have been trying to spend time writing scripts for MXM. Mostly as they relate to easy installation (a MXM autoinstaller/loader) and some for user ease of use. Since they are all on version "n", as am I, I saw no point in writing my scripts for "o" until it is released... Anyway, I obviously don't have a WIP version since I am not a tester or anything so I don't know from experience, but I had begun to wonder. As it seems like the version "o" release keeps drawing closer and closer... if version "o" comes out before I finish what I am doing. Can I still use them in the new version? or will I need to do some re-coding to get them to work? I imagine that is hard to give a definative answer too, but even if you just feel in general that they will or will not work, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
SumDumGuy
 <

geniusalz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »

In all likelihood, they will work.

Some minor changes may be required, e.g. using {} instead of [] for variable names containing variables.  <

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

Correct, I've tried to make every effort to maintain compatibility.... however, any changes would be minor, and perhaps desirable, as it will be better to use Plug-and-play, which uses an XML format.  <

SumDumGuy3

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

ok, thx guys... I am going to keep on plugging away at these to get them all finished in version "n" and when "o" is released I will see how it goes...

Thanks,
SumDumGuy  <

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »

Lets us not forget the in the WIP you must  use

MinimumBuild <BuildNumber> or else the scripts wont run.  <