xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wanted: V1.0 Motherboard + Pinheader  (Read 96 times)

--DANNY--

• Archived User
Wanted: V1.0 Motherboard + Pinheader
« on: April 08, 2005, 03:48:00 AM »

I need a v1.0 xbox motherboard. I have recently completely screwed mine up, with only a broken trace, and a shitty soldering job on the lpc pinheader.

I also need a pinheader.

I am willing to trade for my v1.0 motherboard.
It is in GREAT condition for everything other than the lpc holes, I have attempted to fix a broken trace on one of the holes, and I think failed because my chip is still fragging. So the motherboard is probably a VERY easy fix for anyone with extensive soldering skills, and it is great for salvaging parts from.

I'll be willing to trade for my motherboard and $10.

If anyone wants my motherboard with the messed up lpc holes, then I will sell it for $35, or best offer.

If you are interested in any offers, or have a v1.0 motherboard lying around in perfect condition, or have an extra pinheader, then please contact me through any of the follwing...
1) Reply to this message
2) PM me
3) E-mail me at [email protected] (preferred)

Also, if anyone has an X2vga and willing to sell it for fairly cheap, contact me.

Thank you,
-Danny

bigbubba7373

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 06:26:00 AM »

i have a version 1.0 i can install a plain pinheader and d0 wire or an x3 pinheader $75.00 shipped

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

$75 shipped?!?! Are you outa your mind?!

Holy crap!

Dude... I can install the pinheader, pinheaders are like 10 cents at RadioShack. I would expect someone to send one free if they have an extra one, and a motherboard and a 5 minute solderjob that I could do isn't worth $75.

I can get a used working Xbox with a Samsung drive for only $99.

I'm not looking for an install service, just a plain pinheader and a perfect condition v1.0 motherboard, and I'll be willing to trade for mine and give $10. The only thing wrong with mine is the lpc holes. One, and possibly 2 now have broken traces leading to them. Which should be an easy fix for someone like you.

Anyone interested. I need this ASAP. Otherwise I'm going to have to go buy a used refurbished xbox in hope its a v1.0.

Thanks for looking,
-Danny

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(hcrip @ Apr 8 2005, 08:05 AM)
Go buy that samsung box, sell that samsung for $70 and now you got a new board and PSU for $30.  Hell, while you're at it, sell that 1.0/1 PSU for $20.  There's the $10 you were going to give away, and now you aren't hassling others in this forum

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(hcrip @ Apr 8 2005, 05:22 PM)
If you can seriously find a working 1.0 MOBO off ebay for $50 shipped, then you might as well buy it since I never see boards going for under $70 shipped.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

Ok, thanks for the advice. I realized my cheap options, just want to find the best deal before I spend a butt load of money on xbox ish.

So if anyone can do beter than $50 shipped, or trade for my mobo (works fine cept for 1 lpc trace) + $15, then E-Mail me.

-Danny

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »

I would be more than happy to fix the one you have and ship it back.  Its up to you though, if I cannot fix it there is no charge.  If I can it I will charge you 15.00.

The only thing is you have to pay to and return shipping.

PM me if you are interested.

I am in NY

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Any other offers?

If not I'll most likely be taking up LepPpeR's offer.

Thanks for looking,
-Danny

BlooGoo

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »

i've got a couple mobo's with headers installed. you can check my thread if you're interested ...

just a question though ... if you can solder in a pin header, why can't you fix the lpc? it's really not that different/hard.

do you have any pics of the damage?

i'll offer the same deal that lepper's offering, but i'm in maine.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlooGoo @ Apr 8 2005, 09:39 AM)
i've got a couple mobo's with headers installed. you can check my thread if you're interested ...

Rustmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

Just a question as well... are you using a chip for live or could you maybe just do a TSOP flash on the board?  Also, rear window defogger works wonders to repair boards (yes, I actually use it).  Much easier than solder and if you get it in the wrong spot, a Q-tip with some alcohol will clean it right up!  BTW it sells for about $10 at your local auto parts store... just something you might want to try...  PM me if you have an questions.

--DANNY--

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rustmonkey @ Apr 8 2005, 11:44 AM)
Just a question as well... are you using a chip for live or could you maybe just do a TSOP flash on the board?  Also, rear window defogger works wonders to repair boards (yes, I actually use it).  Much easier than solder and if you get it in the wrong spot, a Q-tip with some alcohol will clean it right up!  BTW it sells for about $10 at your local auto parts store... just something you might want to try...  PM me if you have an questions.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 05:05:00 PM »

biggrin.gif