xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Actionscript Wip  (Read 2347 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« on: May 20, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

Just wondering if peeps are working on any of the requests BJ had for actionscripts.  I know what a couple people are working on...but other than that its pretty silent around here.

Are you?  If so,  post what you are working on.. maybe if someone else is working on the same thing,  or would like to assist we can get some teams going on these projects.
 <

Taiger

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 01:59:00 AM »

I'm not, because I don't have access to the WIP version of MxM.
But I could probably not help even if I had :)

But I think it would be time to rearrange the WIP testers,
lately it have been only about 4-6 of the WIP testers that have been
actively helping out and its always the same people.
And I think that you have more then 6 WIP testers.

Maybe it would be time to get some new active WIP testers and actionscripters ...
And I don't say that it should be me, I would be interested in testing the WIPs but actionscripting is not my strongest side :)
 <

pelago

• Recovered User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 04:16:00 AM »

I agree with this to an extent - it is always the same old names in this forum (no offence!) However, increasing number of testers can lead to leaks.

Personally, I would love to see a new official release, if nothing else so I can run the EntryMaker action script!  <

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

hrmmm.. good points, i wonder how many testers BJ has, and out of them all, how many are really active.   Dont  take it that i dont understand RL issues and time management, I just think you bring up a valid point.

I dont think "leaks" are the issue,  i mean MXM is open source.   The issue would be for someone leaking the url to the WIP,  or if the WIP was released to the scene and everyone got thier hands on it without it being stable/relatiely bug-free.

Personally, I would love to see a new official release, if nothing else so I can run the EntryMaker action script!

everyone wants to see the next release.  from ftp issues, to actionscripts and virtual keyboard.  im sure BJ wants to see a release too,  the thing just has to go through the testing and bugfixes to get there though.

<

flattspott

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

Well you none WIP testers can still make do with the resources available in the official release. If anything at least post any ideas if you have any.  <

pelago

• Recovered User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ May 21 2004, 02:09 PM)
MXM is open source.

Is it? I didn't realise. Where is the source posted? I couldn't find anything in the 'Important Threads' thread.  <

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (pelago @ May 22 2004, 03:34 PM)
Is it? I didn't realise. Where is the source posted? I couldn't find anything in the 'Important Threads' thread.

The source is posted on every release, and should be "out there"  - perhaps somebody would be kind enough to post the last public version to usenet again?  <

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

well in order to help motivate the scripters and solicite opinions/suggestions as well. im making the follow 2 AS WIP  screenshots available.

First is a MXM Filemanager.  

Second is a SlideShow Creator.

Both are skinnable, and the actual MXM Skin in use will determine the look of it.
Skinnability includes Background, filemanager icons, (soon to include the buttons) and Source/Target text icons.

flattspott is finishing up the spec for the skinning, and the base framework for the filemanager.   The Slideshow creator is just about done and will need to be updated to use the latest skinning spec.

What we would like?  The usual.  recommendations,  likes, dislikes, feature requests etc.    Flattspott might be willing to post the list of currently planned features/functions (i dont have them readily available)

Lastly... if you are interested in working on a particular section... let us know.  We will publish the specs (variable naming, list access, etc) sometime soon in a different thread with the hopes that this gets ironed out to perfection before the next release of MXM.  

Now for the eye candy. keep in mind the filemanger is a very old screenshot (buttons wont be there,  both lists are independantly populated etc.)

user posted image

user posted image

flattspott

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

How could you koldfuzion? ... Just kidding

Here is the list of what may or may not be in the filemanager.

CODE

Media X Menu File Manager
Version 0.1 Alpha

Intended Features:
  2 pane view (top = source, bottom = target/options)
  Designed so that 42 character file names are shown in lists fully without having to do any left and right scrolling
  Slideshow (starts a slideshow of all images in a folder - can also creates a slideshow.xml file)
  Built-in skin downloading (with previews, only last 10)
  View or run any runnable files (images, sounds, xbe, xas and text related files - much like UnleashX)
  Uncompress rar and zip files
  View rar and zip file info without uncompressing
  Compress files to zip
  Download files from your PC (possibly requires a simple HTTP server)
  Copy files or folders (makes a duplicate)
  Move files or folders (makes a duplicate then deletes the original)
  Delete files
  Remove folders
  Create folders
  Rename files and folders (to manual, uppercase, lowercase or clean - every word start as uppercase then the rest of the letters are set to lowecase)
  Patch XBE files
  Preview installed skins without rebooting first and with a preview image. (opens a skins xml file and coverts it to xas form then displays it)
  Create an entry file in any folder
  Dynamic context menu (the choices will change depending on the selected file or number of selected files)
  Icons next to the files names in the list
  Quick file backup (makes a duplicate file with the extension .bak in the same dir)
  Internal resource viewer (::ICO's, _Scripts, etc)
  Change file or folder attributes
  Drive formating
  Drive mounting
  Batch file renaming
  FATX compatible DVD copying (automatically fatxifies any long filenames and generates a log file with the fixes in the target folder - so you can look at the log and hack the XBE accordingly)
  Skinnable (main, bar and icons)
  DragNDrop files from the soucre folder to the targe folder (probably wont happen cause it's not really needed but could be cool looking)
  Switch between modes (file and folder or advance - advance being skins,skin downloader, internals, pc, soundtracks, saves, games, applications, etc and system - system being MXM path)
  Download media content for XBE files (with built-in content download script)
  Commandline options (to specify the source and targer folders at startup)
 <

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »

A little more info on the filemanager as a whole.

1: You might be asking yourself, why isn't it made using the Dialog UI System?
For one skinnabilty. Two, absolutely every aspect of it is user made so that any problems will most most likely be user/scripter problems and not BJ problems.

2: This plan is to have the everything self-contained. And to make stuff like renaming as easy as possibly.  That's why I said manual, uppercase, lowercase or clean. You can have the file manager do everything for you if you want or you can do it manually.
With one click a folder named SOME GAME can be renamed to Some Game.

That's all for today, gotta get back to work.  <

Yuyu

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  WOW

Major props to all inovolved...  beerchug.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 04:27:00 AM »

beerchug.gif
When do I get in on the development?

And 'install' for rar files, asks whether to put it in games, apps, emus, dashes, etc

This way you can fxp something from xbins to the xbox, and install it from there.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

well, like i said, flattspot is finishing up the base framework.   Im not doing anything with it right now because some important changes need to be done first.

Once he gets the framework done and converted to what we "think" will allow for maximum expandability,  then that base code will be shared with those that want to work on specific items.  It should allow for people to work on different things and still create code that is easily adopted into the full picture.

that "rar install" is a good idea.. and shouldnt be too hard to get done.  good idea. :)

definitely a lot of work to do yet, but hopefully with more people helping.. we can get it knocked out and debugged.  <

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Actionscript Wip
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

smile.gif

unfortunately for me...

Bloody Mary = lack of creativity   wacko.gif
Pages: [1] 2