xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Downloadable Content  (Read 2580 times)

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

There is an issue with 'focus' for scripts called from context menus, like I said earlier (with the tiny prev. vid download script I made)

Ok then how about just using something like this?

BeginDraw
Text 320 240 Center "Do NOT press any buttons or you'll kill your Xbox"
EndDraw

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

hey flattspott... where you at with the xml?  we could just post what you already have and go from there.

Im reluctant to add any titles that are in your range because i dont want to duplicate work.  Except new ones that come out, im manually adding them.

If you want to, you can send me what you have now, and just do it web-based from then on.

Edit: Im also going to add the content.xml to the script.  Do a check in the same location as the pref.xml for MXM and if it doesnt exist, write it out.  It will take away any user setup, especially if the script is included in one of the releases.

Finish this up.. and I can get to work on the Actionscript market.. Like geniusalz proposed. script writers will be able to create, distribute and update scripts with thier own source control and versioning.

btw.. the update from-dash-to-web worked great using existing filefetch which in a way.. was a step toward the high-score list for games, add the security and its just begging people to play for the #1 spot.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »

wink.gif
Only messing I know it takes a while!!!
BTW KF thanks alot for the pms you sent me, I had a play around for a while and I think I understand just about all of it and have got about finding which games down't have preview vids there, one question though - I don't get how you ul thumbs  unsure.gif

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

wink.gif Meanwhile, I'm adding a bunch of code to handle various things.

One thing I'm adding is memory buffers for byte-by-byte access to files, as well as "handled" searches (if you don't specify a handle for the search, it becomes "GlobalSearch", so old scripts will still work with the new methods.)

I've been fleshing out the PnP White Paper, too... more ideas, refining the whole scheme. Once I'm satisfied it's solid, I'll start implimenting it - which is why this next WIP release should be carefully looked at, including the updated White Paper when I get it uploaded tonight. I really will need feedback on it.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

1. The pulldown box to the left chooses what you are uploading. Cover or Thumb.

2. The browse button lets you locate the jpg to be uploaded.

3. The UL button is to start the upload.  

It will post it using the hex value of the title...and all that is automatic.  

A popup will appear saying something like "d3f45434.jpg was uploaded to the covers"  or if hex is 0 or null, it will tell you hells no...of sorts.

Sorry if its confusing.. very limited on space so i dont show the filename you selected.

Glad you were able to read through the pm's.  I know it was a lot to get at once..but its a lot to explain too.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

2. The browse button lets you locate the jpg to be uploaded.

This was the bit I am stuck on, I can't find the browse button :S
I'm sure its just me  wink.gif
It will post it using the hex value of the title...and all that is automatic.

A popup will appear saying something like "d3f45434.jpg was uploaded to the covers" or if hex is 0 or null, it will tell you hells no...of sorts.

Yeah I thought so, thats a decent way to do it  biggrin.gif
Sorry if its confusing.. very limited on space so i dont show the filename you selected.

Glad you were able to read through the pm's. I know it was a lot to get at once..but its a lot to explain too.

Nah, it was a very thourough pm, so even I could understand it fully, I just copied it all into word and printed it so it was easier to read  laugh.gif

Glad to see you're doing some decent work BJ!!!

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

what browser are you using?

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

I've been fleshing out the PnP White Paper, too... more ideas, refining the whole scheme. Once I'm satisfied it's solid, I'll start implimenting it - which is why this next WIP release should be carefully looked at, including the updated White Paper when I get it uploaded tonight. I really will need feedback on it.

Don't worry about getting feedback, you'll get it  smile.gif

what browser are you using?

Mozilla Firefox, you?  ... jk

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

the script has been updated to require only one file.  flattspott built in the content.xml so if it doesnt exist, it will be created in the mxm folder on E.

it needs to be optimized.  The area for zip/rar handling is there and i cant think of anything else it needs besides those two.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

wink.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

finally got around to testing it out, downloaded the GTA3 vid. It was slow for me (dialup) but it worked nonetheless

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

laugh.gif

You never mentioned the delete bug.. so im assuming its fixed.  I can wait to try out the new WIP once i get home.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ May 7 2004, 03:03 PM)
Maybe BJ can optimise it a little more to help out your dialup?  laugh.gif

You never mentioned the delete bug.. so im assuming its fixed.  I can wait to try out the new WIP once i get home.

The delete bug has been fixed. I refered to it as the "404 issue" -  when erroring out of a download, it didn't close the file. Now I close and delete it.

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

Maybe BJ can optimise it a little more to help out your dialup?

I don't find that very funny Mr BroadBand.

It isn't really all that bad seeing how MXM gets it at the same speed as my pc would. Only difference that MXM doesn't give you any progross info.

Also, I guess I was wrong about there not being a Ninja Gaiden video. I just used this script to get it.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

Doesnt do anything for me now, dialog comes up be nothing else happens and i cant even quit the script. I have to reboot the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6