xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Downloadable Content  (Read 2575 times)

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

What are the possibilities of using actiondraw to provide progress on content download??

I could send the filesizes,  but how to send the value first and how to use in MXM to display?  I think it would be a very nice touch...and very progress informative.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2004, 06:53:00 AM »

I think flattspot said there was some problems with the rename command, does this affect copy/delete too?

Yes I did say that, copy/delete work off and on too. It's like they don't like variables or something.

Currently just downloads wmv and saves to Z, i have to get to work or i would work on it more.

Why not just save it to %_GameDir%.?

On your skinfix script to use basenames, you are including the in the script the thumbs/covers basenames too?

Nah, didn't think about that, it shouldn't be an issue to add it though.

BJ, a little concern about a user choosing "download videos" on the context menu more than once before final execution. Maybe a function to disable controller input for a specific time, and/or timeout?

msgbox "Controller input will disabled during video download, press a button to continue, black to quit"

How about just doing this, MsgBox "Do NOT press any buttons" ?

flattspott

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

What are the possibilities of using actiondraw to provide progress on content download??

I could send the filesizes, but how to send the value first and how to use in MXM to display? I think it would be a very nice touch...and very progress informativ

That would be cool. Unfortunatly at the moment, like you said basically it not gonaa happen right away.

But you could have some scripts scan the menu for what videos they need. Then download them all at one, or a least the limit. Then you could have progress bar of sorts that is upated ofter each download finishes.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

because even though you tell them not to, they might accidentally, ive done it myself and i end up with a subsequent followup download.

Why not just save it to %_GameDir%.?

For uncompressed WMV files I will. For compressed I think it might be cleaner and safer to work from the Z dir.. since you can delete everything and it really doesnt matter.   This was just an intial test script to make sure it all worked and plan it out.  I still need to first add a check for xml-get results to ensure the xml was downloaded (that it existed).  I havent done a lot of file fetching so Im still learning it and need to see the result var and how to handle a file not found error.

Well about the thumbnails, just get everyone here to upload all their own ones

Might be the good solution. I have a lot in the thumbs on AXS that i used for compilation disks... those are about 260x191.  You're right though, those should probably be added.

I would like to see someone volunteer to make Covers for homebrew stuff to be included with the regular game covers. (using the same style as a game cover)

The download script should probably offer options,  download video only, download thumb only, download esrb only, download all etc... maybe done through radio or checkboxes with the new form ui.

I did post the beginning script and asked for contributions so everyone can provide thier 2 cents and make it right from the start.  Trying to make sure something isnt overlooked and its the best it can be.  I'll work off any changes/additions that are posted.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

well there are a few covers for homebrew stuff already on
http://covers.boob.co.uk/
And a few others have been posted before... If you get a list of the ones that haven't yet been done then I'll make ones for them.

As for the thumbnails - it shouldn't be too hard to create a script to dump all the thumbnails to a folder where we can then upload them to a site for you should it?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 09:11:00 AM »

nice link chilin_dude,  definitely to be used.

I will post a link later today so the covers i have can be checked for those willing to grab what is missing.  Yes,  a upload form could be done to allow the dumping of the covers/thumbs.

Like I said, I only hit walmart.com,  never made it to amazon or any other site to search for covers.

Need to add an internet check to the script too.. so if the xbox ip is 0.0.0.0 the script is killed right away.

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 10:22:00 AM »

laugh.gif )
because thats the only way i can really help as I'm too stupid for the rest  laugh.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

will do, the script went very fast so far.. just need to work the rar and unzip stuff for it to be completed.

wmv, cover and thumb will save to the game directory.

i still think its better to use z: for rar/zip operations.

See the FIRST POST for the code and required xml,  props again to Jezz for the dialog code he used.

Now i got  lots of php to write, email on the way Blazed.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

I almost forgot the ESRB Button and icons, plus I made a mistake that screwed the script.  So if you got it before now, you need to update both files.

almost there.. time for a quick bite, an email and some php.

Edit:  Here are the mini covers i have so far. I havent touched the homebrew/apps yet.

chilin_dude, you can always upload the thumbs to the ftp.  single zip if you want.
(anonymous access : ftp.allxboxskins.com  can write to the incoming dir, wont see anything listed though)

Edit 2: Added a video request function (see very first post in thread).  So if a XMV is provided, a WMV video can be requested from the dash.  Will add this so any video missing can also be requested but I first need to make the php to pull the url data in and add to the yet uncreated table to list the requests.  I will set this up on AXS for testing, and if it works right, convert to the xbox-skins code.

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

updated the code in the very first post.

The video request url points to axs right, but the code there works fine, so it might be wise to adapt the code to all possible requests.

Title, hexid, request type and xbe size are the only things saved.

I'll move it over to xbox-skin.net soon, i have other code i need to finish before i send blazed another update.

Request posting

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 01:10:00 AM »

smile.gif

Changed back to using the Z drive for the Thumb and Cover as a temp locations. Wmv and esrb download will go straight to the game directory.

Why? because if a thumb or cover doesnt exist on the webserver a #hexid#.jpg still gets created with 0 (zero) filesize.  Not too big a deal, it can be checked for, but it CANT be deleted until you reboot and delete it yourself.

So if oyu use the Z drive, you can check filesize before you copy and you dont run the risk of messing up your menu.... and it will stop it in its tracks.

BJ, how can i check if a remote file exists before attempting to save to a null file that cant be deleted??

for this.. an easy fix is just to add the thumb/cover as another database field in the xml (just a 1 or 0 depending on its existance, hex value for filename), so if the xml is zero byte, then i can work around it.

first post code updated. works rather nicely.. but i did run into the delete bug smile.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

Wel I'm wanting to try this out, but I don't get the first bit, add tothe context menu, whereabouts do we add it in there?

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »

in your MXM.XML   find a nice spot and put this whole block (edit the path to what you need)

<Context>
<Item Name="Content Download">
<Mode>HD</Mode>
<Action>CallFile C:\mxmscripts\getvid.xas</Action>
</Item>
</Context>

Once you have the MXM.XMl edited, the content.xml file in the same dir as MXM and the script in the place you specified just go to a game, press Y, select game options and choose "Content Download".

All the covers will be going up real soon.  Should have the dash to web requests completed soon too.

geniusalz

• Archived User
Downloadable Content
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (flattspott @ May 4 2004, 10:53 AM)

There is an issue with 'focus' for scripts called from context menus, like I said earlier (with the tiny prev. vid download script I made)

BJ, could you look into it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6