OG Xbox Forums > MXM WIP Beta forum

The Official Version "O" Brainstormer

(1/7) > >>

BenJeremy:
OK, the floor opens on how the file manager will be handled usingthe new UI.

This weekend, I may be able to wrap up the List Box control.

Obviously, we need to discuss basic functionality. I'm thinking a list box and a viewing pane, unless in copy/move mode.

Discuss some ideas here.... I want to cover all the bases (in a practical manner) so anything still missing can be implemented.  

Kthulu:
can you help me understand what you are thinking with the list box/view pane there?  is that like where the listbox only contains directories, while the viewing pane contains the files within the directory selected in the listbox?

also, since they are very similar, it would be nice if the official file manager had a couple of modes whereby it could replace my fileOpen.xas script.  one mode/use would be to select a file, while another mode/use would be to select a directory, and then, of course, a 'file manager' mode for copying, deleting, moving, renaming, etc.  with some degree of context-awareness where an xbe or xas could be launched from the file manager.

This post has been edited by Kthulu: Feb 28 2004, 03:59 AM

BenJeremy:
QUOTE (Kthulu @ Feb 27 2004, 11:43 PM) can you help me understand what you are thinking with the list box/view pane there?  is that like where the listbox only contains directories, while the viewing pane contains the files within the directory selected in the listbox?
The listbox would navigate much the same way you do when using FTP - At the top level, you'd see a list of available drives. At the top of each folder (except the root), you'd see ".." to carry you to the next higher folder level.

Directory names might be followed by <DIR> or something similar.  

Kthulu:
QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Feb 27 2004, 10:48 PM) QUOTE (Kthulu @ Feb 27 2004, 11:43 PM) can you help me understand what you are thinking with the list box/view pane there?  is that like where the listbox only contains directories, while the viewing pane contains the files within the directory selected in the listbox?
The listbox would navigate much the same way you do when using FTP - At the top level, you'd see a list of available drives. At the top of each folder (except the root), you'd see ".." to carry you to the next higher folder level.

Directory names might be followed by <DIR> or something similar.
sorry, but i'm still not understanding this:
QUOTE I'm thinking a list box and a viewing pane, unless in copy/move mode
the listbox would show the files/directories, but what would the viewing pane show?

PS. did you see my edit of my previous post?

This post has been edited by Kthulu: Feb 28 2004, 04:02 AM

BenJeremy:
The viewing pane would describe the file, and if possible, display media or thumbs.

Since I plan on having a multi-select in the list box, we will be able to "mark" multiple files for a copy, delete, or move operation.

So what operations do we have so far:

Copy
Move
Delete
Execute (XBE/XAS)
View
Install (XBE or XAS to menu, if not already in the menus)
Rename
Rename XBE Title
Media Patch
Live Patch
Edit Games DB Entry
- Title
- Desc
- Select Thumb
- Select Preview

...and so forth....

Navigation

[0] Message Index