OG Xbox Forums > MXM WIP Beta forum

How To Setup Rotating Menu...?

(1/5) > >>

Yuyu:
OK I have looked at the WIP test skin on my Xbox' several times, I then tryed to study the Skin.xml for a better understanding of how it works, but with no luck....

How would I make a menu that looks like the pic below(yes with it going a bit behind the image at the bottom) and then make it look like it is rotating like a whell on its side, I saw that it did this in the test skin, but like i said I can't do it. Maybe my brain's fried from these first couple weeks back to school ? (My professor's are pounding our brains more than usual)

If you could maybe just show me how the main item and the one on the left and right, and the bottom one behind the image is done, and I could get it from there ?

BenJeremy:
QUOTE (Yuyu @ Jan 20 2004, 11:38 PM) OK I have looked at the WIP test skin on my Xbox' several times, I then tryed to study the Skin.xml for a better understanding of how it works, but with no luck....

How would I make a menu that looks like the pic below(yes with it going a bit behind the image at the bottom) and then make it look like it is rotating like a whell on its side, I saw that it did this in the test skin, but like i said I can't do it. Maybe my brain's fried from these first couple weeks back to school ? (My professor's are pounding our brains more than usual)
(IMG:http://YuYu.home.mchsi.com/Files/rotatingmenu.png)
If you could maybe just show me how the main item and the one on the left and right, and the bottom one behind the image is done, and I could get it from there ?
The test skin in the latest "WIP" build has a good example, and includes the "tweening" modifier to make things move smoothly.

This post has been edited by BenJeremy: Jan 21 2004, 10:52 AM

Yuyu:
BJ I said I looked at the Test Skin with the wip
QUOTE OK I have looked at the WIP test skin on my Xbox' several times, I then tryed to study the Skin.xml for a better understanding of how it works, but with no luck....
I don't get it... Thats why I said that I needed someones help in seeing how it was setup, so if maybe like I said before, someone could just post the positioning of the Main and 2 side elements, and the bottom element behind the image, I could understand from there, or maybe you could just edit the test skin.xml for me so that the text is not "Z" pointed and it only has the menu on it ? I'll try agin to figure it out, but still unsure of how to do it...

geniusalz:
Check out this tool I wrote to get zpoint tags easily.
As usual, vb runtimes are required.

Yuyu:
I guess no one understands that I don't get it...
I don't get how to stup the items even if I had the Z points...
I don't want the text to be angled or anything like in the test skin, I want it to just sit there "flat" on the screen in its position until the person moves to the next menu item, which would make it look like the menu was rotatingbecause of the placement of the items and the "tweener" effect... So if I knew WTF to do for just the main item and the one on the left and right, I could grasp the concept from there...  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version