xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mxm Should Be Open Source  (Read 1713 times)

fezzman

• Archived User
Mxm Should Be Open Source
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 02:38:00 AM »

Maybe re-name it to UMXM and start an Unofficial MXM forum to support it.  wink.gif

jcupp114

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »

@fezzman:That name actually looks good.

Now Ben did states that mxm this is an open source project for anyone who can and wants to tweak and/or continue his work. Notice "his work" where props will be handed to ben as well as the next project group / developers.

Most important mxm or umxm needs a developer who is familar with all of mxm and then that developer needs a support team like that of the past that can debug the wips into the beta stage until the final product builds come out.

Who could step up to the development of mxm or umxm?
Tthen who is going to dedicate themselves to this great new venture of builds to come?

So now the challenge has been set who going to make this happen?

Reply at will.
Take care and GOD BLESS
Jcupp114

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

I am barely even suitable to apply as a beta tester.   laugh.gif   I do think that perhaps a new (and maybe pinned) thread should be started.  Maybe this will help 'wake up' the rest of the mxm crowd.

I sent an email regarding the leak (to x-s) and asked if it would be worthy of front page news.  I never got a reply back.  Maybe once a crew is formed then a sort of announcement could be made on the front page.

jcupp114

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 11:52:00 AM »

This could be true to help wake up the mxm side.
However, As stated with Ben that any and all wips is welcomed into mxm. Someone will have to emerge from the scene and claim that he or she will start new wip progress. Then Im sure was the first new umxm or what not is out for testing then the threads will see its people come back and start the testing and debugging. There are numerous people in the scene that could meet this yet umxm will need that person or group of developers committed to making umxm live on.
I all for it as long as Ben is mentioned as founder.
Not the mislead or upset anyone Its just Ben was a solo act for some time yet had an awesome support team that pushed mxm through till now. ok
Now umxm is in need of a jumpstart if anyone is willing to develope it even more go for it, as many will follow.
Take care
Jcupp114

jcupp114

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »

Theres a huge to do list.
From scripters to deposit the scripts and or work, debuggers, wiki peeps, skinners where are you. I mean, I think we need a contest! What you you all think. Then theres the development end and its glory. Ben come on back or others step up as more than one will be nice nice nice. Take care
Jcupp114

jcupp114

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »

Ok
Everyone is right in there on way yet now, I mean now. Who is going to develop? Noone has stepped up yet. I feel sure someone will come forth. Then again Ben may pop up with awesom-ness! biggrin.gif .
What makes the difference is the action not the talk, so Im asking anyone who is willing to step up with action for mxm's future? Take care
Jcupp114

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

smile.gif

I think we need to step back and rethink our positions before we start calling BJ egotistical though.  I don't think that is fair to him,  where ever he may be.

I think we would do better to all wish him well though,  and hope it was a time/interest related issue for his disappearance and not a matter of health, life for himself or family. etc.

Back to MXM though.  The SOURCE has ALWAYS been available to anyone willing to work on it.  If you were a developer and asked BJ for it,  He would give it to you.

Why were the WIP's not normally made public?  Not for secrecy or use by a privilaged few,  but ONLY to prevent people from messing up thier xbox with an unstable beta... and to prevent mass complaints from known bugs etc while still allowing a handlful to use, comment, provide feedback etc and TAKE THE RISK of using a WIP.

If you take the time to read that ^^^^  and knowing that BJ hasnt been around working on it,  I think you could call it safe for ANYONE to continue the project as long as you dont rip-off BJ's work and not give him credit (AND KEEP IT OPEN SOURCE).

call it warez?   LMAO..   Call it HopeSoft© - Cause I wanna see it too!

My 2 cents...  Where the hell are you BJ?

jcupp114

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

Nice to see you back Kold and Yuyu.
I would love to start some work on this, yet Im not a good person to develop. I do have some scripts that Im working on for the 9.o wip.
Can anyone head up the development of mxm?
Either a person or team of persons?

Others can/will come along aside and help the alpha/beta process.
Take care
jcupp114

Also if anyone has any 9.o scripts to submit, start a thread and go for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]