xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mxm Networking Woes...!  (Read 1382 times)

Chobophobe

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« on: February 12, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

I have an xbox I recently purchased from a friend that works great, but its dash is MXM and i'm totally clueless on how to use it.  The problem i'm having is connecting to the xbox via FTP.  I don't know the network info, but IP i think shows as 0.0.0.0 on the top right hand corner.  I've searched everywhere but to no avail.  I have another box with evox that works just fine, any suggestions? :uhh:

jcupp114

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

read up on the how to edit the mxm.xml file. Have the ip setting within it to reflect your liking.
Mine is static with 192.000.0.0 for its ip for example but i use dual network cards with my pc so if you dont then you need to learn the tcp ip trade off and set it up static as well with an ip other than the one you listed in the mxm.xml and your set
Good luck
Jcupp114

Chobophobe

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »

I read up on it, got all the info i need for mxm...But the problem is still pending, btw will MXM boot an evox cd?  cause mine don't seem to work either.

jcupp114

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »

Ok navigate to the mxm.xml and copy the file to your desktop. Never change the original mxm.xml file if your unsure. So we create a copy and mess with it, if something goes bad then you can delete it and no worries..... OK ready

Open the mxm.xml that you copied to the desktop with notepad or wordpad. Just right click and open with then select the notepad or wordpad. Once open scroll down until you see the network settings. Look at the tags <..........>within the tags you will see either DHCP or Static for the type of connection. I use Static.
Then go to the ip address which yours might be 0.0.0.0  ok, it may be 192.168.0.xxx (xxx will be what you enter for your static ip, keep it low due to network problems) I would use the 192.168.0.3 which is in the ltools package. Now that you did that go to your pc and open your network connections from the control panel once there open your local area connection and go to the properties section. click on the TCP/IP then go to properies again. Once here click on the use this or user selected ip address......something like that. and add in an ip address with a digit off of what you have set for your xbox being 192.168.0.2 or 192.xxx.x.4. OK close and try it. Should work.
NOTE: to get back on the internet you will need to set the properties back to where you had them.

Yes you will have to do this everytime unless you use two network cards in your pc or just use DHCP....
Take care
Jcupp114

Chobophobe

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

I failed to mention I do use 2 NIC cards and understand networking well...but the xbox that runs MXM is being assigned an IP addy, and I can't FTP to it to even edit any files.  My dilemma is how can I FTP to it when its IP is 0.0.0.0 obviously preconfigged by my friend whom I can't get in contact with anymore.  I'm led to believe he does this to protect the boxes he makes for the people who need a safer box.  So if he did do this intentionally, how do I correct it?

jcupp114

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

seems that he did not set the ip address in the mxm.xml
CODE

FALSE

see the
CODE

This is want you need to change. Its cool just find the ltools exploit from the usuall places and download, I prefer 007 auf but any will do and run the exploit via memory card. once you have it running dont install anything just ftp into your xbox then and update the mxm.xml file and power down. you should be good then.
Take care

Jcupp114

Chobophobe

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

Well, thats what I was afraid of, but I was gonna learn the exploits anyway!  Thanks alot jcupp114   :D

jcupp114

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »

Its not bad actually. Just note to always make a copy and work from it so if you mess anything up you will have the original.
Take care
Jcupp114

Evil6six6

• Archived User
Mxm Networking Woes...!
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

I know that this is an old thread, but thought I would post my way also. Had an xbox with MxM on it. The owner wanted some new skins installed. For the life of me I couldn't get it to load while my network cable was plugged in. So there was no way to edit the .xml so it would recognize. Instead I popped in a copy of slayers auto installer and it gave me an IP addy so I could FTP in and load the new skins. MxM would NOT load when my cable was plugged in, but it WOULD boot the slayers disc! It auto assigned an IP and I was able to FTP in. Unfortunalty this is and EvoX fix for an XmX dash, but hey, if it works then don't complain wink.gif