xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Updating Bios?  (Read 1429 times)

jcdsog

• Archived User
Updating Bios?
« on: October 26, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

well its been a while since i've been on the forum but of course when a question comes up i know where to turn.  and yes, im a newb.

i too used the mordens v3 a while back and everything has been working just great until now.  i backed up the new mortal kombat deception twice to a dvd-r  but just cannot get it to work.  same media, same burner, and same craxtion 4.  the only thing i can think of is to update a bios so i figured i'd give it a try...but remember, i dont really know what i'm doing.

so i got the X2_4983_BFM from the usual places, ftp'd into the box, and put it in /E/PBL/Bioses/.  i then restarted, went through the usual button combo, and when mxm loades and said "push a to load different bios" or whatever, i did and the new bios was there....along with the other 2 that originally came with Mordens v3 (4979_67 and EvoxM7).  i selected the new bios and it just froze :(   so obviously missed something but i did try it before i posted.  like i said, im definately not an expert but i just assumed that pbl would load it.....but i guess not.
ps. i did see x2config.xbe in the new bios i dl'd but i dont know what that is exactly.

so if there are any suggestions as to what i need to do i am all ears.
and thanks again.

MXM 0.9n.6 beta
Xbox ver 1.0
K:1.00.4034.01
D:1.00.4920.01

jcdsog

• Archived User
Updating Bios?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

well after about 10 straight hours of reading, messing the xbox up, reading some more, and alot of trial and error i have now found out how to put new bios in.  however the 4981 still wont play mk deception :(

guess more reading still....