xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Craxtion's Multigames Disc Off The Hd...  (Read 856 times)

cai

• Archived User
Craxtion's Multigames Disc Off The Hd...
« on: October 05, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

Hi all,

First off, let me say that I've never used MXM before so if this sounds novice...:)

I am using Craxtion to create multigames disc.  As indicated in the guide, I use MenuX and then replace MenuX's default.xbe with MXM's.  I've been doing this for about a year and all is fine. I can burn the games and play fine.

For testing purposes, I then copy the whole disc (games and MXM) onto the hard disc.  When I launch MXM, it loads up the dash instead of the game menu.  I guess MXM detects that it is running of a HD instead of a DVD-R.  MXM actually creates a .xml file in the directory and all...

I can launch the game by going to the individual game's default.xbe and launch them but is there a way to circumvent this behaviour?  I mean to load MXM and have it show the game menu instead of loading up the dash.

Thanks.

P.S. I have Craxtion 3.0 (it works fine so I didn't upgrade to 4.0)

fireflier

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »

I think geniusalz just answered this question for flip13, basically you have to turn auto launch disc on on settings

jonnyschultze

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

When you put MXM on a dvd, it will operate differently than on the HD, and it will do what you want.

fireflier

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »

Yes very true...but it seems that cai hasn't hit Y to open the menu and turned on Auto Launch Game when inserted...otherwise, when a disk is inserted, it would boot to the dash and then you would have to boot the disk form dash.  ;)

cai

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE (fireflier @ Oct 13 2004, 09:53 AM)
Yes very true...but it seems that cai hasn't hit Y to open the menu and turned on Auto Launch Game when inserted...otherwise, when a disk is inserted, it would boot to the dash and then you would have to boot the disk form dash.  ;)

I think you misunderstood my question.  I know how to boot from the DVD-R.  I've been doing so succesfully.

What I want to do is (for testing purposes) to copy the content of the DVD-R onto the HD and use my dash (avalaunch/evox) to launch the multigames (from the HD).  But for some reason, MXM loads itself differently then what I'm used to see.  Instead of showing the game menu (with the games and pictures of the games and so on), it gives me a totally different interface.

I suspect MXM detects that it's on a HD and loads differently.  Is there a way I can make MXM load from HD the same way it would load on a DVD-R?

fireflier

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question again; are you wishing to install MXM as a new dashboard then? It's not that MXM detects that it is on the HD; but the  MENU.xml dictates the launch sequence.  I do believe, please correct me if I am wrong, been a long time since I made a multi game disk.