xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just A Few Quick Questions...  (Read 1243 times)

DJB

• Archived User
Just A Few Quick Questions...
« on: October 02, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

Hey ppl.

I just started doing some scripting with MXM 0.9n.6 beta for my new upcoming auto-installer, and I must admit I LOVE THIS SYSTEM!! I take my hat off to BJ in respect for this one...

My current project is the new Xbox-Hq Auto-Installer v2.0. In the older versions I have used EvoX for all my scripting, and even though it's so raw and powerful, it doesn't really catch my eye that much anymore.

The installer takes care of everything from installing your choice of dashboard (version 2.0 will cover more than just EvoX), formatting, installing apps + emulators, and in previous versions I've also made it possible to lock/unlock the HDD and Flash the BIOS.

Just a few questions regarding my auto-installer scripting with MXM for v2.0:

1) Is there any way I can lock and unlock a HDD and/or flash a BIOS using MXM, and if not will it be in the new version by any chance?
2) The menu takes a very long time to load, is this due to me using so many .xas links in my menu.xml or something else? (I'm basically using one for each option atm).

I suppose another quick question would be does anyone have an idea on when 0.9o will be released? It doesn't matter too much if this can't be answered but I would like to know because I'd include it in the auto-installer (as both my frontend and installation as a dash).

Thanks in advance for any help passed on...

DJB
Admin of Xbox-Hq
Creator of Xbox-Hq Evox Auto-Installer v1.3
Creator of Xbox-HQ BIOS-CD Pack v1.01
Co-Creator of Xbox-Hq Emulator Auto-Installer v1.0

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

Also, quickly, with this command:

RmDir <PATH> <CASCADE>

What is meant by cascade??

flattspott

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

Cascade it to tell MXM if it's to remove all subdirectories too

ie, RmDir F:\Games True

DJB

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

ty for the cascade info..

still wondering why it takes so long for the menu to load..