xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [another] Idea For The Upcoming Mxm  (Read 1319 times)

a2002adam

• Archived User
[another] Idea For The Upcoming Mxm
« on: August 07, 2004, 06:32:00 PM »

I don't know if this has been implemented yet (or if it's possible now) but I think it would be great if the user could read the [scanned in] manual for a game on the dash before they launch it, and be able to flick through the pages etc.

Also, would it be theoretically possible to play the game inside the dash in a smaller window, so the player could refer to the manual whilst playing the game, or visa versa where a certain button combination is pressed and the manual pops on the screen whilst the game is being played? Cool idea eh?

Maybe this could also apply to cheats, walkthroughs etc.

Another crazy idea ive had that probably wouldn't work, but hell with it, is being able to reprogram the buttons on a controller so if a game doesnt allow different button configurations then the user could do it themselves - sorta like the in-game reset feature, i think.

Any thoughts from the man himself?
And possibly an approximate release date for the next MXM...

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »

It's impossible to run the dash WHILE the game is running, however, there already is the capability to display multiple pages of help screens for games (and launch the game from the help display) in MXM.

pelago

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 07:02:00 AM »

The reprogramming of controller keys is a great idea, but I think it would have to be a BIOS thing, not a dash thing.

a2002adam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

well i dont have the know-how to do it, but im sure the xecuter team and all the other BIOS makers would be abe to figure it out, how do i contact them to pass on the idea?

pelago

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »

Try asking in the BIOS forum on this server, or on the team Xecuter (etc.) forums.