xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ughh....what's With These .wme Files?  (Read 798 times)

dman7

• Archived User
Ughh....what's With These .wme Files?
« on: May 26, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »

I spent all this time makeing video preview files with Windows Media 9 encoder. I don't get it...what's with this .WME format? I thought the output file would be WMV like the previouse versions of Windows Media Encoders. I can't convert these with STOIK or Windows Media Encoder 9.  I used to have Windows Media Encoder 8(but don't anymore) and only the command line version of it is available now....and I don't think it would support .wme files anyways. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
-dman

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

WME 9 should work great, I think BloodyMary posted a bit of information on how to use it very effectivey in the UnleashX forums... You could always PM him about the thread or its usage, just tell him YuYu sent ya ;)

dman7

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong. But what settings do I use? I did it as Windows server  streaming with multiple bits rate video(cbr). The videos won't play on MXM...so which settings should I use for compressions? I was going to do a search for bloody mary's thread but the search never seems to be on line(even though it's 4 in the morning over here it's still not on line).

Thanks,
-dman

koldfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »

wmv8
320x240
500kbps

you might need to create a custom using those settings.   there is  a profile editor that came with your wmv9 encoder.