xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Mxm Dead?  (Read 977 times)

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:53:00 AM »

Its a simple enough question, is MXM dead?
UnleashX and Evox seem to still have support and skins coming out of the woodwork while there are virtually no new mxm skins anywhere to be found including "the usual places" plus there hasnt been a software update for quite some time.
If MXM skins are so complex then perhaps that why UnleashX seems more popular now, it really surprises me as I love to show my Xbox off to my freinds using the different MXM skins, the WOW factor is great, but theres just nothing new to use or show anymore.
I like the menu system and animation for the skins with MXM so what is the go, why is our beloved MXM falling way behind everyone else????

CaTcHa

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »

Of course its dead thats why Yourwishismine has jumped the sinking ship to Unleashx.

Take a look at the positive action elsewhere compared to this.

Hence thats why they are so quick to delete / edit anything that goes against it , its the sign of a dying breed ,when your  backs to the wall shoot em all.

MXM = too slow (see Bloodmarys Excellent  :lol: Test)

Wonder how many times you will edit / delete my posts before I have to break loose on other accounts.

ROFL  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This post has been edited by CaTcHa on Feb 1 2004, 07:10 PM

Rodstorm

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 03:51:00 AM »

I noticed the mxmfiles channel on irc now has bugger all users on it and doesnt get updated much, I even noticed BenJeremy did some work on UnleashX.. cant figure out why as UnleashX was never supposed to show wmv files or be anything like MXM as it already existed......shame really.
Will someone have the balls to say its all over, someone like the big boys like Yourwishismine and YuYu????

ScOrPiOn-X

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rodstorm @ Feb 1 2004, 11:51 AM)
I noticed the mxmfiles channel on irc now has bugger all users on it and doesnt get updated much, I even noticed BenJeremy did some work on UnleashX.. cant figure out why as UnleashX was never supposed to show wmv files or be anything like MXM as it already existed......shame really.
Will someone have the balls to say its all over, someone like the big boys like Yourwishismine and YuYu????

Hi

The reason the author of MXM, BenJeremy, has stopped working on the MXM Dash is because he has started another project called "I  have a life" and as soon as he is done with his latest project "I have a life" he will start workin on MXM Dash again.

Hope that answered your question.

GreetZ

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 05:48:00 AM »

I'm sure BJ will see this and let you know what's up.  But for now, I'll do it.  He's working on it (Just fucking read the MXM 0.9n.6 topic, there's been a recent WIP update a.k.a. he's working on MXM).  You people have to understand, he does infact have a personal life, and takes his time with MXM to get it right, not just sloppily throwing in code and releasing.  He's in the middle of revamping some of the UI and actionscripting code (I think), and working on the file manager.  So yea, 'tis not dead.

This post has been edited by thetruethugg on Feb 1 2004, 01:48 PM

geniusalz

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 05:53:00 AM »

Don't worry, MXM is dead, and so is this forum, so plz leave now.  kthx

To those not stupid:
Just because new skins haven't been made doesn't mean that MXM is dead.  The lack of skins is probably because MXM is getting its engine revamped, and people are probably waiting for the new release.  Expect tons of new features in the next release.  I cannot tell you how long it's going to take, but when it is released, it's going to kick ass :)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 06:13:00 AM »

Well, ignoring Catcha (as he's merely an ignorant little troll) and to answer the others, MXM is far from dead.

As other said, it's undergoing major work. Many of MXM's skinning features have YET to be touched, and the next release will put it way ahead of anybody else. The best skinners are working with this release, so it's only natural that their output will slow down for the "old" i.e. "current" release.

To keep up, check in the MXM 0.9n.6 thread pinned in this forum. In the first post, I update the changes made to the "WIP" binaries, which is what specific beta testers have access to. These aren't "planned" features - they are the actual features done up to this point.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (CaTcHa @ Feb 1 2004, 05:34 AM)
TROLL

pwnd.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rodstorm @ Feb 1 2004, 05:51 AM)

LOL...

big boys like Yourwishismine and YuYu

Where on earth did you get the idea the YuYu or myself are 'big boys'.  I'm only big in the respect of, don't mess with me or I'll break out my bag of doritos and eat them in front of you without offering to share.

As far as MXM being 'Dead'.  I suppose that's a matter of perspective.  Taking the term 'Dead' literally, my MXM has never been literally 'Alive', it's a computer program, devised at it's most basic level is short bursts of electrical current.  So I guess the answer in that sense is, no it's not dead, it was never alive.  No is it dead as far as developement goes, nope.. BJ is still developing things nicely... I admit, I myself do use UnleashX as my primary dash at the moment, but that is because of the awesome cabailities of its file manager.. I mean I can was an entire fullscreen 2 hour movie from right in the dashboard, now that's awesome... not sure of the capabilities of what the MXM filemanager will have, but it will go along the vision of what BJ has for it... may be 'better' may not be... ' ' around better, because, that's all a matter of perspective.

Now as for the #mxm channel.. I've tried to encourage YuYu that we should just have all the fileservers in #mxmfiles turn off their ads completely and just serve files, then combine the 2 channels together... I think also they should be combined with the #unleashx channel as well... but those guys went off on their own and opened that channel.. (I don't know why)... I would like to just have on channel and call it something like #dashresources.  but that is just my idea.. anyway.. as far as new content in the #mxmfiles channel.. we are working on adding lots of new features and usability to the channel.. and also we will soon have a section for MXM +UnleashX skins that will have a list of all known skins for each dash and hopefully be available for download... it's in the works..

Ok my fingers are hurting...

unleashx

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rodstorm @ Feb 1 2004, 11:51 AM)
I even noticed BenJeremy did some work on UnleashX.. cant figure out why as UnleashX was never supposed to show wmv files or be anything like MXM as it already existed......shame really.

:uhh:  :blink: Where are you getting your news, man?

This post has been edited by unleashx on Feb 1 2004, 06:46 PM

flattspott

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »

Thats what I'm saying^^^^

fLEx7325

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

MXM, is not dead at all. Like geniusalz said in another post, its just "the calm before the storm" heh.  Yeah, mxm skinning is a bit more complex than unleasx IMO, but is fairly easy once you understand the basics.  But, the skins will start coming for sure when the next version is released publicly.  :D

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Is Mxm Dead?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »

So in short, no it's not dead.

(Though my dev Xbox hard drive (30GB) was near dead, but at the moment, my dev box is getting upgraded (120GB) )