xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Mxm 0.9n.6  (Read 2517 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2003, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (deflux @ Nov 2 2003, 08:28 PM)
yeah, that's another thing, some files go @ 6MB/s  some go at 400K....

I get bad speeds on my dev box... but that's because the hard drive is going (Same thing when I lost the IBM DeskStar 60GB drive on my other Xbox)

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (et00l @ Nov 2 2003, 08:57 PM)
Im having the disconnect problems also, and one time it actually locked up my ftp program, which is LeapFTP.

The only time I seem to have trouble on FTP is when my Skin's screen saver kicks in... but I think that's totally related to the skin, but I've not tried a lot of testing to see for sure... FTP program is FLASHFXP... other then that I FTP hundreds of megs today without trouble...

floresp

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2003, 07:33:00 AM »

Similar problems here.  The FTP just seems to stops responding after no specific time frame.
Sometimes I can send about 2-3 Gigs with no problems others, it stops before that.  I thought it had to do with the screensaver too, but I disabled it and the same.

The only solution is for now to turn the xbox off and then on again.

I use FlashFXP.

KAC

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2003, 09:06:00 AM »

I went from 0.9n4 to 0.9n6 directly and have a question....In the skin, my box shows up as being PAL.  I don't think that's right.  I bought it in the USA.  Is it a bug, a setting, or something like that?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (KAC @ Nov 3 2003, 01:06 PM)
I went from 0.9n4 to 0.9n6 directly and have a question....In the skin, my box shows up as being PAL.  I don't think that's right.  I bought it in the USA.  Is it a bug, a setting, or something like that?

Have you fiddled with the EEPROM?

boxorox

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2003, 04:19:00 AM »

Added "SIZE" command to FTP Server. Reports in the following format: "120 Drive C Reports: (330,416,128 FREE) (524,206,080 TOTAL)" for each drive, unless the user specifies the drive specifically int he SIZE command.

Great addition smile.gif

floresp

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

Are the WIP binaries available in the usual places?, or do we need to wait for the next release of MXM?

boxorox

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »

"WIP" is not available to the public.  You need to wait for beta releases.

dsmac73

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2003, 03:29:00 AM »

tongue.gif  Hi,
    I am having the3 same problem with the FTP stopping for no reason.. at no set time and this is a new problem since I upgradded... the screensaver is disabled and still the same thing sometimes I can transfer lots and other I tcan transfer only a few min. The only way to fix it is to turn off the xbox. I use FlashFXP  blink.gif

dsmac73

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2003, 03:29:00 AM »

tongue.gif  Hi,
    I am having the3 same problem with the FTP stopping for no reason.. at no set time and this is a new problem since I upgradded... the screensaver is disabled and still the same thing sometimes I can transfer lots and other I tcan transfer only a few min. The only way to fix it is to turn off the xbox. I use FlashFXP  blink.gif

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »

i think if you are having a problem ftp'n to the box using the latest mxm..more info needs to be provided to BJ than just the fxp client you are using.  I read these every time one is posted and the user info provided to help BJ figure out the problem is very much lacking.   I havent upgraded to the latest wip yet.. so i am still running the same version everyone else is and i dont have a single problem.  I even did a large transfer from one xbox to another xbox using fxp, nothing irregular happened.

if you guys dont mind, when reporting a ftp problem.  please give the following info instead of just saying ftp doesnt work right.

-DHCP or Static config.
-IP, dns, gateway, subnet of xbox
-IP, dns, gateway, subnet of PC ( you can xxx out the last digits to protect your privacy if needed)
-Skin used (just in case a resource intensive skin may be causing a memory drop, or creating lag)
-What your girlfriend is wearing at the moment of transfer (no really wink.gif ..preferably nothing but we still need that info!- and a picture please)
-BIOS mod LBA48 or not.
-Running as APP or Dash
-FTP Client,   passive mode?
-MXM version (yes even though the version is probably always be the latest version released)
-description and any other info that might seem relevant (net to usb adapter being used?/only when screensaver kicks on/transfering small files to XX Drive/transfering large files.etc...)

If we provide a lot better info of what is happening... maybe other users can replicate to confirm it and it can be fixed.

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (koldfuzion @ Nov 6 2003, 03:42 PM)
-What your girlfriend is wearing at the moment of transfer (no really ;) ..preferably nothing but we still need that info!- and a picture please)

LMAO.....

yeah really seriously... send the pictures.. and I'll send pictures back of myself laying in bed beside her smoking my favorite blend of cigarette...

diffident

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2003, 09:24:00 AM »

Just wanted to say that I skipped n5 because of the FTP problems, but the latest WIP has fixed all the issues for me - no stalls, no phantom files, and faster again I think (averaging just over 10MB/sec to and from the box), so thanks BenJeremy for all the work that's gone into it. I'll be upgrading to n6 as my dash this weekend. For the record, DHCP, my own skin, X2 4977 so no LBA48, running as an app (it's WIP, after all), Mac OSX, FTP client Interarchy, passive mode.

deflux

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »

ok, the ftp problem again
the ftp seem like it dies, and wont connect at all after about 5mins of inactivity

using static ip thru router
newest ver of mxm
1.1 xbox
4977 x2
flashfxp
192.168.254.186 xbox
192.168.254.254 gateway
68.2.16.30 dns/set to 192.168.254.254 , same result
win xp
Generator skin 2.0
pasv

thanks
oh, and my gf was wearing these really short blue booty shorts and a matching blue tank top

This post has been edited by deflux: Nov 8 2003, 06:23 PM

yourwishismine

• Archived User
Mxm 0.9n.6
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »

About the FTP Problems...

The things you guys are saying about it dieing after a period of time is really weird.. cause, I used to have that problem with EVOX all the time... then I switched to XBMP... still the same problem... then I switched to MXM.. 9n.4  and still the same problem... then MXM 9n.5 came out and I couldn't use it cause I had a X2 4977 BIOS.. and a 250gig harddrive with all extra space going to f... then I heard that using EVOX M7 BIOS would work with MXM9n.5 .. so i flashed my BIOS.. and well MXM now worked.. (and so did avalaunch BTW) and also strangely.. my FTP troubles had cleared up... then I switched to MXM 9n.6 and still no trouble with the FTP... I'm thinking the thing that cleared it up was switching to the EVOX M7 BIOS... perhaps I'm wrong.. but this was just my experience...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8