xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Easybuy2000  (Read 1410 times)

kkattfish

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (goodoleboy @ Jan 17 2003, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (jsm @ Jan 17 2003, 06:28 PM)
I talked to a rep on the 14th calling the direct number, i'm in montreal.
Seems they are still open, but watch out, something is not right.

If you are in Montreal please do us all a favor and check them out.

1751 Richardson
Ste 2208

It looks like the 15th was the last day they were in business. The phone says the office is closed and the order tracking page has stopped working.

Also the CS rep who maintains the forum is no longer posting since the 15th.

So where else can you get a matrix?

there cheerio, and is the better business bureau active in canada??   beerchug.gif

HDTV MAN

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

what did you find out cheerio

dishmod

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »

From what I have been hearing is they went the way of "lik-sang"
I know these guys personally, and have a few on my ICQ contact list. As of Thursday I lost regular contact with them, which was usually on a daily basis.

I was however able to contact the owner of easybuy today and had a chance to ask him whats up.

He's very tight lipped, but he did say they were still in business and have a problem they cannot discuss. He also said they hope to make an announcement on Monday.

Now 1 or more of the following scenarios may have played out

1. They took the loot and left town (highly unlikley) as they would stand to make more $$$ by staying in business

2. They got heat over thier sale of satellite testing devices (possible) a lot of dealers in Canada have been nailed over the last few months for this

3. Got heat from Sony or MS about the modchips (very possible)  "Lik-sang ring a bell?"

4. Abducted by Aliens "Sure why not"

All this is speculation, but what is a fact is that something did happen and we will probly know this week

Easybuy2000 is not a bad company, they are NOT scammers
I think in my opinion they grew a little too fast and a little too big too handle the logistics of such a large business, E.G. wholesaleing, marketing, sales, purchasing, distribution, support, management, etc.

Be patient, and wait these guys will do whatever they can to stay in business and fufill all pending orders

Mr Roboto

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2003, 07:10:00 PM »

Be patient, and wait these guys will do whatever they can to stay in business and fufill all pending orders

I wonder. When Lik-Sang got Lik-Sang'ed word spread instantly. Easybuy had stated acting shaky a few weeks ago. Giving out bogus tracking numbers and claiming they've shipped and reshipped and reshipped doesn't smell like a bust, it smells like a scam.

Add to that their staff just disappearing on the 15th and one wonders even more.

I notified my CC company of the fraud. Since it was only $65 they will probably just write it off.

dishmod

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2003, 07:23:00 PM »

Well if its just a MS or Sony infringement lawsuit they may have been able to keep it quiet for a short time.

But look at it another way, easbuy2000 is a money maker
It would be the equivalant of Microsft selling bogus copies of windows XP and taking off with the loot.

In that case they would stand to make more money by selling legit copies rather than going for a qucik scam.

Something has happened beyond thier control, now what is at issue is how they handle the situation, whatever it may be.

Do they step up to the plate and tackle the problem or do they run and hide from it. Thats the issue.

to reiterate my point
not a scam, just a bad way to handle the situation

I am not pro or con easybuy2000
just doing the math as I see it

knowledgeiv

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

I agree, dishmod.  Easybuy2000 has no reason to Scam people.  They have a monopoly on the Matrix modchip and would be fools to walk away from it.

I think it's most likely that they have run into some sort of legal issues and are going about handling it the wrong way.

Skeptic

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »

Dishmod:

Are you affiliated in anyway with Easybuy2000.com???  I checked out your website (gamebuy.com) and it looks suspiciously similar to Easybuy2000.com.  Further, I checked out your ebay profile and I was somehow taken to Dishmod.com which is clearly affiliated with Easybuy2000.com...

So...are you providing us with 'insider' info?  -- Please don't think I am being rude/mean, I just want to know because I want to order a Matrix chip from gamebuy.com (after being taken by easuybuy2000) and I want to make sure I dont' get hosed again.

I hope you reply.

Regards,

dishmod

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »

Affilated No

Heres the story

I created dishmod.com awhile back for satellite "testing" info
Then the heat got turned up on that market, so I wanted out

My site made a lot of money for easybuy2000 buy running thier ads and they did not want to lose the revenue

so they bought my site.

So looking for something new I decided to start selling modchips, which I bought from them with the money they gave me for the site.

Thats my relationship with easybuy, they did help me get started but thats all. I am independant and operate on my own.

Atrocity

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2003, 07:34:00 AM »

sad.gif

crackz0r

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

call your cc company and see if the eb2k transaction shows up on your recent transactions list..

Atrocity

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2003, 07:47:00 AM »

dry.gif

blueinfinity

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2003, 09:16:00 AM »

well sat is elegal to sell
xbox chips are not since they arnt sold programend

they were stupid to get that big and keep selling satalite hardware. "morons" but they should still be able to sell the chips

im in canada and jsut FYI we are bigger then the usa. so wut the weather is like at my hous ehas nothing to do with there.

anyway. i orderd friday. i hope it wasnt to big of a mistake. maybe dishmod can hook spotted horse up?

maybe u guys should tlak if dishmod gets supplys straight from the manufactorer.

crackz0r

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2003, 10:22:00 AM »

personally, i'll never deal with eb2k again. too much headache over what should have been a simple transaction.

blueinfinity

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

i jsut want a mtrix :'(
damn thema nd there monopoly. xodus shold get a kick in the ass for letting them be the only suppliers!

blueinfinity

• Archived User
Easybuy2000
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

astro whod id u buy from?

if u got it from spotted dont worry he will refund u

if u got it from eb2k

start sending emails

but dont say anything nasty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13