xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Transfer From Xbox To Pc Suddenly Very Slow  (Read 1345 times)

The Powers That Be

• Archived User
Transfer From Xbox To Pc Suddenly Very Slow
« on: March 11, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »

A couple weeks ago I created an ISO from a game, and used Qwix to transfer to do it.  It was very fast, around 9 megs/second.  A couple weeks later, and suddenly now I'm looking at only around 6 megs/minute.  

I looked at the other posts/threads to see if there's similar things, and while there was one, like many of the people that responded, it didn't really apply.

I've got Service Pack 2 installed, but it was installed a long time ago and was in place a few weeks ago when things were transferring fast.  But I've got the firewall turned off regardless.

I've looked at the setting for the network adapter as was indicated in the other thread and mine (VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter) is set to Auto, and not the Half or Full duplex as indicated might be a problem.  The driver is the most recent driver available (although I tried the previous one as well, with no luck)

It also doesn't seem to matter if I try Qwix, or FlashFXP, or C-Xbox tool, the transfer rate is about the same.  

Anybody have any other ideas?

Kells

• Archived User
Transfer From Xbox To Pc Suddenly Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Powers That Be @ Mar 12 2005, 04:27 AM)
It also doesn't seem to matter if I try Qwix, or FlashFXP, or C-Xbox tool, the transfer rate is about the same. 

Anybody have any other ideas?

Which dashboard are you using? is this an X3 ftp server? What type of chipset is on your motherboard?