xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fix for Nforce AMD64 motherboards breaking Qwix  (Read 650 times)

drdnl

• Archived User
Fix for Nforce AMD64 motherboards breaking Qwix
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

Worked for me too (Nforce 4 Sli)

Did all 3/4 options mentioned here at the same time though, not sure which one did the trick

apathyactivist

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

I'm not sure if my problem is related to this or something different.

Qwix hangs at 0% when I try an upload an .iso to the xbox.
I have an MSI nForce2 motherboard.  
I'm using the onboard NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller.
I'm using a Belkin router.

When I try and use the fix provided here, I don't have the option to:
    "Select "Checksum Offload" and choose disable in the window to the right."
There's no such option there.

Any hints?  

Or, if not, are there any other programs that someone could suggest as an alternative to Qwix?

(first post -- but I've been lurking the xbox-scene for a while now. I've modded my own and a few other xboxs thanks to all the great tutorials and helpful threads here.)

apathyactivist

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Devenic.

I only have one Ethernet adapter, the on-board nForce adapter.  (Mobo is MSI K7N2)
I'm using a Belkin FSD5230-4 4-port 10/100 router.
I'm not using Avalaunch, my Dash is Unleash-X.
My OS is Windows XP SP2, but the Windows Firewall is disabled.  I don't have any other firewall.

apathyactivist

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devenic @ Jan 12 2006, 09:35 PM) View Post

To test a couple of things, you might try:
  • Using a different router (or no router at all with either a switch or a crossover cable)
  • Using Avalaunch to see if it has the same problem - I've never tested Qwix with UnleashX
  • Disabling all firewalls and virus software (this usually requires a reboot to fully close them)

Thanks for your help, Devenic.  I loaded Avalaunch as an app, and Qwix worked fine.  I didn't realize that Qwix was dependant on the dashboard.  Although, in hindsight, I guess that'd make sense since they seem to share development.

Meurig

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 03:50:00 PM »

Worked like a dream for me! If only I'd looked here before wasting half of last night on it.

I'm really, really grateful, thanks!

biggrin.gif

Raphael S

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

Hi all..

I know this is an old topic but I have this same problem with asus p5ld2 deluxe mobo...

It says the network cable is unplugged when I disable the things mentioned in this topic the onboard lan works again for like 5 seconds and that it says the network cable is unplugged again..

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Raphael S

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »

Bought a new mobo....

thans for all the great help here dry.gif

qoncept

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(hpolack @ Oct 22 2005, 08:38 AM) View Post
The only thing that is consistently working for me to eliminate the Avalaunch and Qwix upload problem or issue was to downgrade to Avalaunch 49.04.

I tried everything else in this thread without any luck. I was about to give up when I noticed it was going to take 5 million years to upload everything, so I tried 49.04 and it end up being the one thing that worked for me. Thanks!

RChapma444

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

I am having the same problem as "apathyactivist"...i don't have the option either. Qwix is all I have ever used and now I can't get it to work...I've tried uninstalling 2X...no firewall...Qwix will browse my box, create an iso from the box, it just won't extract an iso to the box. It's been awhile since I've used it. I have updated my box with SID 5.01 and AID4.01. Could this be causing my problem? I use XBMC as a dash. I never had a problem using it in the past. I love using Qwix and would like to get it going again. I did try C-XBOX Tool and it worked flawlessy....but I would rather use Qwix..This is the first time I have tried to use Qwix since I did the updates. Any help with this problem would greatly be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

p.s. I have never used Avalaunch in the past. My hardware configuration is the same as it always has been. I hope I have provided enough info.

mikejobu

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 06:03:00 AM »

you upgraded XBMC.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=637789

QUOTE(hpolack @ Oct 22 2005, 10:07 AM) View Post

This is going to sound silly, but the fix only worked for a little bit and now it no longer is working for me.   I did come across one fix that works on ALL of my PCs regardless.

I downloaded and installed an old version of Avalaunch (49.04).   Believe it or not, the FTP between Xboxes and Qwix works flawlessly regardless of PCs.  In fact, for the first time I was able to copy Project Gotham to and from my PC.

I have tried just about everything else including eliminating some of my switches from the connection so that all of my PCs and Xboxes were connected directly to the same switch.  I changed all the settings as outlined in this thread.  I set the throughput to fixed 10MB then 100MB.  I tried making Avalaunch a primary Dashboard, went back to an old X2 BIOS and even reverting back to auo DHCP.  BTW, I tried this on 3 different Xboxes that are 3 different versions and different Hard Drives.

The only thing that is consistently working for me to eliminate the Avalaunch and Qwix upload problem or issue was to downgrade to Avalaunch 49.04.

Thanks,
Howard

Pages: 1 [2]