xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Qwix And Windowsxp With Sp2  (Read 1188 times)

Kells

• Archived User
Qwix And Windowsxp With Sp2
« on: January 10, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Let the dev's know if sp2 causes problems with qwix .. or if it's users errors with sp2 that causes problems ... :D

skorchir

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

been using qwix and sp2 forever. --> NEVER <-- had a problem    cool.gif

matulike

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

I've been using SP2 and Qwix for ages, no problems related to SP2 at all.  smile.gif

However, when I first UPGRADED to SP2 it completely messed up my machine. I had to reinstall completely. But a fresh install with SP2 either integrated, or applied immediately, is fine. If you install the apps after, it's fine. It's only the UPGRADE that causes REAL problems.  huh.gif

Some software is just incompatible with SP2 (like MS CRM for instance! - until they released some patches...fools  laugh.gif

Qwix is cool tho.  biggrin.gif

fraeone

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 01:29:00 PM »

Qwix stopped working for me when I upgraded my motherboard to an MSI K8N Neo Platinum (NForce 3 chipset). I was previously running SP2 on an Intel platform, and qwix worked fine.

FWIW:
Qwix + UnleashX works 100%
FlashFXP + AVA works 100%
Qwix + AVA freezes at 0%, requires reboot of Xbox.

rtheil

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

Everything with Qwix works for me with multiple xboxes, and multiple PCs. Qwix + Avalaunch ALWAYS works. Every machine I have has SP2. Just recently transferred about 40 games from my xbox to my PC with Qwix, and it never locked up once. The only time it locked up was while I was at work. Avalaunch locked up while Qwix wasn't doing anything.

UnrealKazu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 04:35:00 AM »

Never had any problems with SP2 installed.
Though when I transfer files with Qwix and I'm doing something else at the same time it mostly locks up.
But no, never had any problems nor with SP1 nor with SP2.

blay

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

Runs fine for me under XP Pro w/ SP2.

spike0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

Hey -

I had Qwix and Avalaunch working fine with SP2 for quite a while, no AMD or NForce. Best I can tell (I'm sure others will debunk this), one of the X3 BIOS updates caused the Qwix/Avalaunch connectivity to break. SmartFTP still works tho'.

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

well it used to work fine, now it doesn't

breen

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

in order for qwix to work after i upgraded to sp2, i had to disable the built in windows firewall.

BurnerAzR

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

Never had a problem with qwix with sp1 or sp2.

rylanbrowne

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 02:17:00 AM »

yeah i had to disable windows firewall aswell to get qwix working. i already had sp2 installed before qwix and it didnt work untill i disabled it. im not sure but does sp2 install the firewall into windows xp.

jojo_nl

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »

does work here , but crappy..
it has some problem with direct connect , pasv works not that oke.
windowsfirewall popped up and ask permission for qwix to add the xbox, which works
after that upload works too but it hangs at creating a file on the xbox due to the fact that it doesnt get a returndir from the xbox. So all it does is make a dir and it cant connect then to it.This can be related to the xbox ftp or to pasv mode. since the rest works oke on active mode (evox,mxm,msdash, xbmc etc)
Flash fxp works oke since it sets file and dir permissions itself, the rest lacks this feature ( i.e. they copy file-permids from windows which slightly different probably)
I like to help on this subject please pm me (ops only)..

edit:  didnt have this with christmas build if i am correct.. only the last versions

edit2: do you guys happen to have kaspersky antivirus installed ? if i dont turn off the protection against network attacks it will go slow after some files uploaded.

This post has been edited by jojo_nl: Oct 8 2005, 08:01 PM

jojo_nl

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 05:15:00 PM »

i have been trying some stuff.
after turning of kaspersky antivirus network protection the error didnt show up.
all seems to work as intended besides some minor issue with a iso that was not
errorfree apparently. I put my gigabit nic in a networkbridge with firewire , but i dont think that has any effect on the bugging...
so this bug or error is security related to windows xp sp2, caused by a not good
working networkprotection or security. It cannot acces a thread and crashes on the fact that it doesnt get any answer from the thread. it waits forever till it gets an answer and the qwix prog hangs.
Clearly this is a problem in the threading model of the programdesign. I read a lot
about amd and 64bit machines that have problems too. This can also be pin-pointed to the threading use.
xp sp2 firewall related issues can be solved by adding qwix to the allowed program list and if that doesnt work reset the firewall and add it again, it works
hope this helps.

jojo_nl

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 05:20:00 PM »

pls del this ... server had error or something...

This post has been edited by jojo_nl: Oct 9 2005, 12:24 AM
Pages: [1] 2