xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch Crashing While Ftp  (Read 1056 times)

kuta

• Archived User
Avalaunch Crashing While Ftp
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:30:00 PM »

Firstly I am using a Crossover cable and I am trying to use the software Qwix and FlashFXP
Oh and Avalaunch is my dashboard and its an Xcutter chip. If that helps...

I try to use Qwix to do the FTPing but it dosent like to Create ISO from my Xbox at all!!!!
It will sit forever and try to make the ISO.

And FlashFXp Dosent like to FTP from the Xbox DVD drive but it will from the Hard drive.

So what I have been doing is Coping the DVD to the Hard drive on the Xbox and then using FlashFXP to FTP the files over to my PC. Then using Qwix to make the ISO file.

But the bad thing is when I FTP Avalaunch keeps crashing. As in the menu will not move and the timer in bottom stops. And i have to reboot the Xbox and try agin.
Now my Xbox cashed and i wasent even doing any thing Odd..

Any way I know thare has to be an easer process.

Should i use a Diffrent FTP software like CuteFTP?
Is thare a specal way to boot the Xbox to help with FTPing?

Any ideas would be Greately apreceated
Thanks!

cherwilco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

sorry in advance for the lack of help about the subject but in all reality this is exactly the reason I switched to xbox media center for my dash and never looked back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  avalaunch has been stuck on version 49.3 for a VEEEEEEERRRRRRY long time now and their website shows zero indication that anyone there has any plans to update it or at least fix some of the bugs. shame too cuz I kinda liked that dash (espescially game saves downloading built right in) but for atleast a glimmer of hope i do remember that older versions of ava didnt have the ftp freezing bug

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(cherwilco @ May 27 2006, 12:18 AM) *

sorry in advance for the lack of help about the subject but in all reality this is exactly the reason I switched to xbox media center for my dash and never looked back (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  avalaunch has been stuck on version 49.3 for a VEEEEEEERRRRRRY long time now and their website shows zero indication that anyone there has any plans to update it or at least fix some of the bugs. shame too cuz I kinda liked that dash (espescially game saves downloading built right in) but for atleast a glimmer of hope i do remember that older versions of ava didnt have the ftp freezing bug

Exactly, I actually had to downgrade to fix the same exact FTP bug you are having.  Try finding an older version and see if that fixes it.

DarkRiot701

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(cherwilco @ May 27 2006, 12:18 AM) *

You are totally right about it not having any indication of updating...

About you liking the downloading of game saves right from the dash, why not check out UnleashX. It has that feature too and TONS more! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

kuta

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

I did kind of figure out how to fix it.

When you boot up and hold the white button it will lod you in to x3 and FTP works fine from thare.
Oh and you must use a Xbox controler the big one the smaller controlers will not work for some reasion.

not much of a fix but it works.

And hering that Avalaunch is not planning on doing any thing with thear dash kind of make me feel sad (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Every thing ealse seems to work great.
But i must admit i neave have tre to play online or any thing just back up games and play old ROMS.