xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: PS360 Controller w/PS3 D-pad  (Read 50 times)

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller w/PS3 D-pad
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:15:00 AM »

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/Custom%20Controllers/keithj202004.jpg)

Every  button on this controller 'feels' exactly like a 360 controller does, with the exception of the D-pad that feels like a PS3 one, since it is. The buttons feel like a 360 controller because of how it's made. There are NO Tact switches used as the  original 360 controller board is in place (stripped of almost all  parts) and it's button contacts are used, so aside from the weight  being a little bit less than an actual 360 controller, you can't really  tell this PS360 one from a stock 360 controller.

This controller also charges thru the  PnC connector, just like a 360 controller does, no miniUSB connector  like a PS3 controller has, though that is an option thru the included adapter. Just plug it up and connect it to the PS3  like you would with any other wireless PS3 controller, then after that  you can use whatever powered USB port you want to charge the controller,  same as you can with any PS3 or 360 controller.

The Headset  connector is in place, but is ONLY for looks, it does NOT function as  the PS3 controller doesn't have that ability and the connector is cut  down internally to make room for the DS3 board, so it's just for looks.

The Wireless, Rumble and Tilt functions of the controller are intact, it works exactly like any DualShock 3 controller does in those respects.

What  is different is the Analog (pressure sensitve) feature of the Face  Buttons/D-pad/L1/R1, that can't easily be duplicated and there really  aren't any games that use it as a must have feature anyway. The  Triggers (L2/R2) are still Analog though, minus the ease of your finger  slipping off the things like on a DS3 controller.

Controller comes with the PnC cable, as well as a PnC adapter if you would rather have a miniUSB connection instead. Shipping is 2-3 day Priority USPS shipping w/Delivery Confirmation inside the US and is included in the price.

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/Custom%20Controllers/PS360BST010.jpg)

Price is $325 for this controller, and that is firm, there is a good deal of time and work put into making one of these up.

If  you would like one setup in a different way or with some other option (no Rapid Fire requests) you can PM me about having a more custom one  made, but this one will not be changed from it's current setup, it is a  'completed' controller.

The cost  can range from $200 to $450 or so depending on how exactly you want the  controller made up and if you send the controllers to be used  or not, again, it's not something that can be made up in a few hours time, and the price reflects it.

Thanks for looking, and feel free to ask any questions or PM about it.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »

Any serious offers? Hate to eGhey this thing because of the Slot Loader fiasco I had to deal with, but that's the way it's heading.

deecee

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »

I have been looking for a decent ps3 controller thats like a 360 controller.

So far I have bought a rocketfish controller for $25 from ebay but it needs to be recharged too often.

There is a XCM adapter for a wired 360 controller but I really want wireless.

If you ever have any ps360 controllers for around $150 I would be interested. $300 is just way to much for me to spend on a controller.

I work for a used game store repairing consoles, if there is any way we could make some type of trade or if i can commission 3 ps360 controllers to be done for a decent price I would be interested.

I have seen your work, and I respect what you do. I just can't afford the price, sucks to be poor.  biggrin.gif

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:20:00 AM »

It costs around $125 in parts before the 15+ hours of work go into making up this version, so $150 isn't going to happen on one that's made like this.

If you send the controllers to be used and want it looking just like the 360 controller that's sent when it's finished then I could do them for $150 each. That's no PS3 D-pad, no PS3 buttons, no painting, no cable/adapter, just a straight DS3 swap into the 360 shell, only the LEDs are changed over to the PS3 controller's Red color, aside from that it would look exactly like the 360 controller.

deecee

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(RDC @ Mar 23 2010, 08:20 AM) View Post

It costs around $125 in parts before the 15+ hours of work go into making up this version, so $150 isn't going to happen on one that's made like this.

If you send the controllers to be used and want it looking just like the 360 controller that's sent when it's finished then I could do them for $150 each. That's no PS3 D-pad, no PS3 buttons, no painting, no cable/adapter, just a straight DS3 swap into the 360 shell, only the LEDs are changed over to the PS3 controller's Red color, aside from that it would look exactly like the 360 controller.

Would it have rumble and sixaxis?

How much extra to have the ps3 buttons done?

PM me your addy so i can send you the controllers. If you use paypal pm me paypal info. I will be paying half this week and the other half next week.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »

The PS3 controller(s) that are sent should be the DualShock 3 version, as those are the only ones I use to make the PS360 controllers the way I do and the only ones with Rumble, and yes it will have the Rumble and Tilt functions intact.

The Wireless 360 controller(s) that are sent can be any of the 3 versions that are currently out, Matrix, CG or CG2 and come with the AA battery pack.

Doing the PS3 buttons up and painting the Guide button black would be another $30 per controller.

PM sent.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 02:46:00 AM »

Dropping the price to $275 on this one.

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 05:47:00 AM »

It's up for auction now - http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180487010583

RDC

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4545116

The differences between them really aren't important for making a PS360, they all get stripped down and have to have traces cut to be used this way, so that's different per whatever version you use. You could even use a Wired CL or Matrix version controller board if you wanted too, though you'd still need a Wireless shell.