xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Connection Help Pls  (Read 1130 times)

Shuyin

• Archived User
Connection Help Pls
« on: April 09, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »

ok so i'm gonna ask it again (sorry)

i just got a brand new laptop. with a build in wireless card. that i'm using BTW
here we got a SMC router for the wireless internet.
i have a crossover cable and i want to connect my laptop to my xbox.

it worked on my old computer but now i have wireless so it did not work anymore.

i have Chello  as internet provider (live in the netherlands) so i don't really know what info you really need

i got it softmodded with avalaunch dashboard but i can also go to a Evox dash versoin m8 or something

now what i need to know is how do i connect my xbox properly to my pc?

thnx in advance

Shuyin <

tecra134

• Archived User
Connection Help Pls
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

Sorry if this might be a little long.....

If you are going to do this with a router. Enable DHCP. On some routers you have to Disable DHCP!

K...

First, starting at your PC - Go to the comand promt. type:  (ipconfig /all) with out the (). Wright down the default ip address. Or if you know the IP address that your router has. Most of the ones that i have tried are 162.168.0.4 (But some are different, so find it out).!

Now.... On your xbox - Go to the filemanager. Press the start button, press A on local connetions or what ever it says at the top of the window. Once that has opened, on the right, press start again. When the window comes up, go down and press A on New Server, or New IP (I cant remember off the top of my head). When the form comes up. Put the IP of your computer (The default IP). Put in a fony username and password. After you type the username and pass, press the Y button. And that should do it.

To connect to the xbox, you will need FlashFXP

If you are using the newest Version of ava. Open XBMC Then try to conect.

That should be it!!!  
If you are tring to connect your xbox to your PC. you need serv-u. that has a good readme file, so that will give you the run buy on how to work it.!

GOOD LUCK ;)

(IMG:http://www.geocities.com/aurora_660/tecra.GIF)

<

Shuyin

• Archived User
Connection Help Pls
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »

ok did that but how do i connect now? cause it still says connection time out anyway thnx

Edit: ow and why did i have to use the ip adress of my router? i'm now directly connected from xbox <--> router   but my xbox server has the same ip as my router doesn't that clash together?  i'm lost here

This post has been edited by Shuyin: Apr 10 2005, 10:56 AM <

Shuyin

• Archived User
Connection Help Pls
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »

sorry for the the double post but the edit button is gone :S

anyway so i got a connection now i can download stuff like skins. and x-link kai is working partly (can't find any games but it does find my xbox) , liksbox is also working (internet via xbox)

everything is working with that.

when my avalaunch startsup in the bottom left corner it says the ip 192.168.2.100  that's correct that is the ip of my router right? the ip from where the xbox connects.

ok i opened flashfxp and can browse in my xbox now with the settings:

ip = 192.168.2.100
user = xbox
pass = xbox

but i can't transfer from pc to xbox (probally because i can't connect to a ip in my xbox)

but what i can do is get things from my xbox to pc

so if anyone could help me set up the server i need to get a connection on my xbox that would be great thnx\

EDIT: sorry for all this and so but i played around a little bit in file manager and made a new ftp server with the same ip ( 192.168.2.100)  and now im connected on my pc and can browse my xbox and i have a connection on my xbox (where i also can browse my xbox :S) i'm guessing i'm now checking the same things  i still can't transfer from pc to xbox pls help me

This post has been edited by Shuyin: Apr 10 2005, 08:24 PM <