xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Xbox Dashboard Now (revised)  (Read 1176 times)

brekstar

• Archived User
Best Xbox Dashboard Now (revised)
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »

Be Honest!

adam07

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

Avalaunch because I just switched over from EvoX yesterday and these are the only two i have experienced. :blink:

Navis

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »

Tie between Avalaunch and UnleashX.

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 07:50:00 AM »

i think unleashx has got a little edge...i have evo, ava and unleashx all on my box, I keep evo for emergency purposes. Its simple and it works...but ill prolly delete it soon. And I boot into ava but im considering unleashx...ITs nto too shabby just tryign to get the configurations down.

sirshady420

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »

Even though this is the ava site...I vote ava... I recently switched from evox and love the versatillity of ava and what it can do as a whole!!! The music playing on the home screen is pretty decent too!! Overall I think that ava is better because it lets me do so much more with my settings in general!! The available downloads that ava has are also a great feature. For lazy people like me that dont want to get on mIRC and Flash to download from xbins, this is a great feature!! I have never tried UnleashX, but have heard great things about it!! The only dashes I have used are EvoX and Avalaunch...

sirshady420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 01:06:00 PM »

EDIT: I have also used XBMC and XBMP, but not as a primary dash!! XBMC is great, but I dont think that it is the best choice for a permanent home dash....In my opinion....

biglami

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »

never had a problem with avalaunch

Kyro

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

it s not fair posting this poll in the avalaunch forum eheh

sbmd

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »

I started with evox, went to avalaunch. I think at this moment in time that avalaunch is the best, feature and the clean look of it. But in the future UnleashX may pass them up. it is turning out to be a really nice dash. Few more releases and I may be releasing avalaunch.

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 01:42:00 PM »

I like Avaluanch - it's has better skins - you can download stuff - and easily to understand (letters and things like that). More settings like UnleashX (fan speed and things like that)

But I also like UnleashX - because of the options and settings. UnleashX should create better and clean skins - Options, Settings, etc are perfect. Great dashboard - I just don't like the skins (in some of them Background is awesome, but then you can't read what it say - letters are to small or to big, wrong font and details like that) But Dashboard in general is great, update things, downlaod of things like Avalaunch would be great.

I don't like Evox. I don't know why - but it's kind of boring.

This post has been edited by aqmlswnk: Jan 22 2005, 09:45 PM

darkdonno

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2005, 06:18:00 AM »

I reckon/ vote for EVOX is the Best Dashboard.

It simple, Easy to use, simple to customize menus, ip using both INI and the MENU

My setup is
EVOLUTION X  as default dash on c:\
SKIN - Linquido

AVALANCH and XBMC are just appilcaitons of F:\

Menus are nice central. You can easy see Free sapce for the drives, dvd status and tempetures all form the main screen.

Avalanuch is only better to some people because it BUNDLE and is not just a dash it has IRC, Telnet, KAI, Filemanager, SAVE GAME MANAGER. I like the file manager because it has FTP connectivetly so it gets rid of the need to have Xtoolbox, xftp/ crusader ftp. Until Avalanch tweak the IRC, other ideas I will still be going for EVOX as my main.

Between nexgen and unleashx. nexgen (looks nicer) its open source cool. and unleashx( the way it list the programs is better than the SAVE GAME looking application menu in NEXGEN.

ON the issue with KAI GUI on the xbox I don't really mind. Having it on the computer is a lot easy and better.

Also
Just curious WHY is there no XBMC in the vote list.

LenteSubigo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

Avalauch gets my vote, but there are some things that prevent it from being anyone's sole dashboard.  If they could encorperate some of the better features from evox, and xbmc it would be perfect.

Things Avalauch needs:
Xlink - The interface for xlink sucks, add pings, game type, map, and wether the game is open or closed.

XBconnect - Support for both Xlink, and XBconnect would be nice, but only if the interface is good.

1080i support - All the dialoges in 1080i are tiny.  I would like to see a 1080i version of the keyboard, xlink, save-game, and all the dialogues that you can actually read at high resolution.

Save-game manager - Like the xbox dash, only better - allow deleting and adding save games

HD locking and Unlocking - Still haven't been able to use this feature, have had to use evox

HD formatting

Media Streaming - XBMC code is public, steal some and incorperate it into avalaunch, including tivo and replaytv streaming

DVD2Xbox - Incorperate this into avalaunch, and updates automaticly, so no extra uneeded files from a game are ever copied.

Trainers - trainers, but made so you cant use xbconnect or xlink and a trainer at the same time.

Downloads - Add more downloads - game mods - apps, ect

In-game-reset to dash, so we don't have to use bios igr

Backup - same as evox

I know this is alot to ask, but if the people who make avalaunch, evox, and xbmc got together, it wouldn't be that hard, and you could release a whole new dash with the best of the best.

This post has been edited by LenteSubigo: Jan 25 2005, 10:26 PM

Apharmd Battler

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

I'm torn between Avalaunch and UnleashX. I love things about both and have them both on my modded XBox. I'm really leaning towards Unleashx now due to the new UDE softmod, but I can never forsake Avalaunch...maily because of it's ability to update the major apps online through the dash, and the whole boost functionality of QWIX makes it a must have for us Gigabit LAN owners. I can't choose because UnleashX really surprised me (especially the animated/movie dashboard skins). I'd also have to say it's a tie between UnleashX and Avalaunch. But then again, I'm a casual player on the scene and don't know the entire true functionality of both dashboards. The XKaiLink and media streaming reallyl bump Avalaunch up a notch though, but something about UnleashX is very aesthetically pleasing. <shrugs shoulders>

This post has been edited by Apharmd Battler: Jan 26 2005, 08:33 PM

nsspeak

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

WTF do you expect to win in the damn avalaunch forum?

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

LenteSubigo, you can format the hard drive with ava using raw ftp commands.  I believe its "Site Format C:" "Site Format F:" etc
I doubt you will see xbconnect support since they have shunned the modding community, while xlink has embraced it.