xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Want 480p Only  (Read 902 times)

SirHexx

• Archived User
I Want 480p Only
« on: February 13, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »

hey guyz.... i'v been using avalaunch as my dash for about a year now and my x2vga has been acting funny this past month .....

by funny i mean it has been giving me a dark green tint no matter what the jumper setting or monitor i've been using...

i found a fix by accident... i just popped in my VERY old evox cd and played with the jumper settings on the X2VGA and i got excellent color on the dash and all of the games ... i tried booting to avalaunch with the same settings and the monitor keeps flickering on and off....

I think this is because avalaunch is booting with 1080i and evox 480p...

now here is my question..... Can i FORCE avalaunch to boot 480p WITHOUT turning 1080i off on the xbox??  when i launch the matrix game from evox it runs fine in 1080i ... avalaunch is the only thing the X2VGA doesnt seem to like...

I'd REALLy appreciate some help with this ..

:beer:

04redfirecobra

• Archived User
I Want 480p Only
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »

I'm not in front of my XBox right now, but it seems like I saw the option to disable 720p and 1080i under Settings - Boot Options (or something like that). If you disable the higher resolutions there it will force Avalaunch down to 480p even if you have all modes enabled in the MS Dashboard.