xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Big Time Avalaunch Problem  (Read 388 times)

ebonn101

• Archived User
Big Time Avalaunch Problem
« on: December 10, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

ok so i wanted to use avalaunch to run KOTOR 2, and i've never booted with avalaunch before. i was using evox d.6 and copied the avalaunch default.xbe into the same folder as the evox .xbe using boxplorer. when i restarted my xbox i was in avalaunch, and when i go to the games folder nothing shows up, same with applications folder. when i try to open the file manager, the xbox freezes and i have to restart it. i've tried FTPing with my computer to erase avalaunch so i can go back to my original evox setup, but FTP doesnt seem to work (it did with evox). i made the IP address one digit different from my computer IP and the gateway is the same as my router IP, the subnet masks are the same...what am i doing wrong...how can i get back to evox? I put the evox boot disc in and tried restarting with that in the xbox, but it seemed to ignore the disc altogether and went straight to avalaunch again. i tried using the Quick start by telling it to boot to D:/default.xbe when i pulled the right trigger when booting, but again that didn't work. i'm confused. please help me get back to evox!

This post has been edited by ebonn101: Dec 11 2004, 07:51 AM

time_trial

• Archived User
Big Time Avalaunch Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 01:20:00 AM »

Sounds like you have some files missing, there's a few more than just the default.xbe. The AvaLaunch.xml file defines the paths where games are stored, and shows any it finds. Change the paths to where Evox has stored them in the ' list presetname="Games" ' xml section.

Re: ftp, I think Ava has a default IP set in the xml file, mine was 192.168.1.121, so try that until you can get into the network settings menu and change it back to what you want.

As for your Evox boot disk, can you not run this from the Ava menu? Boot to Ava, put the disk in, then run it from the disk icon which appears top right.

Good luck!