xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Avalaunch And Xbtool  (Read 1404 times)

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« on: December 10, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

hi,

i need help with this. i deleted the files on c: (all ava files) connected my pc with the xbox and copied avalaunch to E:/apps/ but my xbox doesnt boot a dashboard at all.
now i know i gotta use xbtool and edit the path into a file so the x2bios knows where the dashboard(s) are.. i downloaded all files i need, newest xbtools, i still got a copy of the x2bios i use...now i tried to open the x2bios bin file i have on my pc with xbtool and edit
"boot partitions and executables" and point it to ava as 1st dash and evox as 2nd dash but thats all greyed out and i cant do nothing about it? whats wrong what steps do i have to take afterwords? i assume i need to flash the edited x2bios to my xbox right? will i use my f: drive and all files on it?
please help me thanks

p.s.: i found tutorials but not for putting it on e: and the xbtools greyed out problem..

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »

if you are using the 4983 like your sig says then you can't use xbtool with that.  You'd have to use 4981.  Or you can use evoxm8+ and use evtool.

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

so how am i gonna keep all my data on f: and use this new bios? the new bios needs to work with f: , help me please

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

All the bios' I mentioned work with an f: partition...  So none of your data is going to go anywhere.

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »

i downloaded 4981.06_256k.bin, assuming it works with my 200gb hdd and f: partition, NOW in xbtool should i choose "use standard partition table" or one of the other three? i read the tutorial and it said i shouldnt use "partition 6 takes rest of the drive" cos ima lose all data on f: if i do so, correct? im afraid i lose all my ish ya know :)

should avalaunch.xbe or evoxdash, be in the root of E: or can i store them in directories?

thanks man

AE6689

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

Okay well if you have an F drive that is over 137gigs then you need 4981.06 (you won't lose any data...if your have an F drive under 137 gigs and a G drive you need .67)  You want to use the standard partition table and the *.xbe can be in a directory.  Hope that helps.

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2004, 03:14:00 AM »

im confused cos someone wrote " Sure I did.

06 == "Partition 6 Takes Rest of the Drive"

That warning is only if you were not using an LBA48 enabled BIOS before and had stuff filled on the 137GB F partition, and now want the rest of the space. Since you were using X2, 06 (LBA48 enabled), you're fine. Just be sure to choose "Partition 6 Takes Rest of the Drive" so you see all your data."

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2004, 06:09:00 AM »

i have a 200gb hdd with  x2_4983.06  and files on that f drive, i DONT want g drive.. i moved avalaunch to e: now i need a new bios to edit it so it starts the moved xbe file.. while editing it with ebtool this option (use standard partition table or whatever) confuses me and i dont want to lose the data already on F: drive.

kanye

• Archived User
Avalaunch And Xbtool
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

i fixed everything, thanks