xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Format From Evox?  (Read 55 times)

xcutnr1

• Archived User
How Do I Format From Evox?
« on: August 20, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »

I'm trying to start over.  I ran the drive upgrade wizard in Xenium OS 2.0 that came with my ICE chip.  It seemed to work, but then when I ran dvd2xbox, the drive was limited.  It's a 300 GB drive.  I tried it with only an F drive, and with F and G, but neither works right.  I was told that there was a problem with the wizard, and to update to 2.3, which I did.  Now when I run the wizard, it just comes up with errors.  Now I have a 300 GB drive that will boot to EvoX, and I can FTP into it through EvoX, not through Xenium OS.  I was told I could format it with EvoX, but there's nothing about it in the menus, and no referrences in the .ini file.  Do I need to add something to the .ini file or what?  I'm wanting to be able to access the entire drive, preferably on one partition, but 2 is acceptable.  I'm wanting to set it up as a media center, with movies, games, and mp3s.  Is this a problem with dvd2xbox?  

Please help.  I've read bunches of tutorials, and nothing is seeming to help.  I've got tons of files downloaded, but don't really know what I need to do.

swiftbox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Hiya i'm not sure on your method of installing evox the easiest for begginners is to use the Slayers Auto Installer. This also has the ability to format the hdd either as a whole or for each partition in turn. I'd try this first if you don't already have it download this and burn to cdrw then insert the disc in your xbox then power off and back on again and the xbox should boot from the disc - then check out the various options - you'll learn alot from the pdf files that come with the installer. Good luck.

X-ECUTIONER

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »

I would also use slayers autoinstaller it works better than any other hdd formatter also what bios did you flash your chgip with?

Note:To format your hdd with evox you have to have a custom .ini so you can format your hdd if you have the normal evox dash then it will not work :huh:

xcutnr1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »

ok, I have evox installed already.  I'm running the M8 plus bios.  How would I customize the dash, or get one that's already setup to format the drive?  Does anyone have a direct link for slayers?  I can only find a torrent.  I've got all kinds of files downloaded, but I don't know what half of them do.

xcutnr1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »

also, I have dvd2xbox working, but it just doesn't recognize the full drive.  Even with the g drive set to on.  I can get it to give me a g drive in the menu, but can't copy to it.  evox dash doesn't recognize it, listing drive size, etc, but I can ftp into it.  does evox have a seperate m8 bios for 6 or 67 configuration?  Does dvd2xbox have seperate programs?