xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?  (Read 3162 times)

TreyTable

• Archived User
What Do You Use To Power Your Wireless Controller?
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(RichMR2 @ Feb 22 2010, 06:15 AM) View Post

No option for MS Rechargeable battery and stand alone quick charger so had to choose play & charge kit... not the same thing but the closest on the list.

MS battery & charger charges much faster than standard rechargeable AAs and price wise, are around the same, that's why I use this.

I also use the stand alone quick charger for the standard 360 pad, but I also use wired for fighting games and some XBLA games, wired as in a joystick.

fatvince

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »

I use a AA recharger that plugs into the USB port of anything, so no need for a seperate power supply. $5 and been using it for 3 years.. can't imagine doing it any other way.

mioux

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

official play and charge kit.... because when i've bought it, it was the only option (but batteries) biggrin.gif

Oh and I tought I could play on my PC too

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »

Wife works at the hospital so .. they use there devices with batterys only once then replace the batterys. so yes.. I got tons of batts.

malckdaddy

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

Regular AA's. Need to get another charger cable for my controller.

Ecosse360

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »

Got a good deal on a Duracell rechargable AA charger pack. Been using them since then.

Can't wait for the Razer Onza to come out at the end of the year. It's wired but I think it'll be the business!!!

This post has been edited by Ecosse360: Jun 2 2010, 05:57 PM

Alex Atkin UK

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »

I originally was using a Game brand unofficial kit, but a resistor inside it overheated and melted after only a few days use.

I took it back and got the official kit, barely gets warm and battery still working quite well considering its over a year old now.

mac-life

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

I voted for rechargeable AAs

Microsoft Play and charge kits use cheep brand batteries. Took two apart because they stopped charging. They suck. High-end rechargeable AAs can be used in other devices as well + last longer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

unp0ssible

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »

i bought a usb rechargeable battery pack from a chinese ebayer and it only worked for 40 minutes then died, wouldn't hold a charge after that. he sent me another one and the same thing happened but it was 35 minutes. it recharged again but after that it ended up dying again completely like the first.

lesson learned, stop being so cheap.

i never used my wireless controller though cause i hate changing batteries mostly
but something about using a wired controller feels right. i bet its kinda like how some animals would be unbalanced without their tails

This post has been edited by unp0ssible: Jul 17 2010, 07:56 PM

69mw69

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »

duracell rechargable AAAs have been money well spent they last ages.  Paid £7.99 for 4 AAAs complete with 3 hour charger

Tropheus

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »

I've never been able to use rechargeable AAs in my controllers.  I've wanted to, but they won't work.  Aside from the fact that they barely fit, the controller powers off after a few seconds!

I've used brand new Eneloops and Energizer rechargeables, right out of the charger and the controller powers off after a few seconds.  How is it that 30% of the people on this poll use them on a regular basis?  Am I missing something?

rattman1

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2010, 10:31:00 PM »

Honestly I hate buying batteries or recharging my controller so I use nothing but wired since I'm so lazy.  dry.gif

MrMikeJJ

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 12:56:00 PM »

i gave up on the official one after it stopped holding it's charge (lasted a year or so). then i was just playing with it permanently connected via the play and charge cable.
eventually Upgraded to a wired controller (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

jza802k

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »

Original play and charge kit died so have been using the Nyko charger for the past 2 years without a problem.

rtechie

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

I use this, the Nyko Xbox 360 Charge Base.

You can drop 2 controllers in (the charging contacts are on the back of the battery packs) and it acts as a stand for the controllers. Comes with 2 proprietary rechargable NiMH battery packs.

I got mine back in October 2006 and it still works fine with the battery packs that came with it. Charge time is pretty quick, but not as good as the very best rechargeable batteries. It's WAY more convenient though, you never have to open the battery packs or unplug/plug any cables. This is important for me as my Xbox 360 is in a closet in a separate room from my TV.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6