xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What Would You Choose?  (Read 1645 times)

compton

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

after having all three for a couple of weeks, i decided to sell the ps3 to make a profit. unfortunatly there was a hitch, no one wanted it anymore. it was hard to find someone who both had the money and the desire to own a ps3.

right before i was going to dump it on eBay, i found someone who was willing to buy it for 550$ and i let him take it.

It just didn't live up to any of the ing ther The graphics that everyone is ranting about are not effected by the processor, it is all in the  graphics card and that is where the 360 shines. It would cost a ton to get anything close to the 360 on a PC. the 'Raw' power of the ps3 are only numbers without the software to push it, and i know there are a few exclusives in the works (FFXIII, MGS4, etc...) but if the PS3 continues to flop like it has, these titles are going to the highest install base to make a profit. these titles cost a lot to make, and if they cant make enough sales they will be forced to go multi-platform to even come close.

so here's to dreaming about a Final Fantasy XIII release on the 360 (yeah right, never in japan.)

tdcemanuel

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

all about fighting games for me...if tekken hits xbox then its the xbox + wii combo....

cyberg4

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »

I think I'll have to go with the X360 and PS3 combo (why isn't there an option for wanting to save shelf space by only having a 360).  Over the holidays I had a nice little party with all three next gen systems (people brought their system of choice and fought it out for Next Gen supremacy),  by the end of the night the 360 was the unanimous choice for top gaming system (well except for a single wii owner who was adamant of PC supremacy, but console wise in the same view as everyone else),  I found the Wii to be quite disappointing, with the games not being any funner (generally less enjoyable than a game with a standard controller) and the controller being a much less fun gimmick than DDR's dance mat.  My feelings were very similar to the other people who were there and honestly the PS3, while still a distant second, was definitely much more appreciated, and much less of a letdown than the Wii which seemed to be a much less fun way to play games (even tennis, and baseball), that look and play better on other systems.  That being said you won't see me with a PS3 anytime in the near (or distant) future

linkfan3

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

Got a 360 the day it came out and a Wii the day it came out. I choose Wii60. 360 for online multiplayer, multi-media, and  graphics. The Wii for innovative games and pure fun. PS3 needs a price drop of about $100 and some exclusives that really look good (resistance). Plus its a bit to early to determine the hd vs. blu right now so I would rather stay out untill its clearer.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »

Wii60 for me too, I hope to get a Wii at some point in the future (it'll probably be around a year or so).  I agree with the guy that talked about people saying that the Nintendo games being "kiddie" games 100%.  Just because a game doesn't have 200 F bombs dropped in it per minute and blood gushing from everywhere doesn't mean it isn't worth playing.  Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers, Zelda and other games like that are some of the best games out there.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good shooter, but it's nice to have something else to play too.

Odb718

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(spurs2k5 @ Jan 15 2007, 07:19 PM) View Post
Nintendo has only the same games..(mario,zeld,metroid ect.).  Sure great games but comon....show me something new.

You realize that when Nintendo does release a new game or franchise it slaughters everything under it right?

CODE
1. Mario (Nintendo): 193 million
2. Pokemon (Nintendo): 155 million
3. Final Fantasy (Square Enix): 68 million
4. Madden NFL (Electronic Arts): 56 million
5. The Sims (Maxis/Electronic Arts): 54 million
6. Grand Theft Auto (Rockstar): 50 million
7. Donkey Kong (Nintendo): 48 million
8. The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo): 47 million
9. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega): 44 million
10. Gran Turismo (Sony): 44 million

443 million to 316 if my math is right. 1 company vs the best of the best and comes out on top, and you consider that common place? BTW, where's Sony's franchise game at on that list? oh that's right they don't make games, they make dvd players. So the whole time Nintendo is working on making an innovative gaming system they're making the number one and number two selling game series to date. Yet you want more from them and consider an addition of a proprietary DVD format a revolution in technological feats.

When Sony makes something worth buying I'll buy it. Which will probably be a TV or something along those lines.
The only thing Sony has going for them in this latest console war is Nationalism!

Altima NEO

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »

I actually have the Wii60 combo.

The 360 covers my high quality, classic style gaming that Ive come to know and love
And the Wii covers my new and intuitive style gaming never before seen!

PS3 covers all the ports youve already played on PS2/360 w/ mediocre motion sensing and no rumble. Not to mention shatty framerates (Motor storm anyone?)

skater_4_life_ez

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »

i bought the 360 on launch date and i got the wii on launch date i love video games and if companies like sonry (from the simpsons) are trying to push their blueray on you its just wrong its like someone selling bundles with a bunch of crap added to them no body likes them maybe if it has what you want you would but no one does i think sony tried a litle too hard the only reason they are pushing blueray is because they get paid off anythign blueray sold. well when it comes to games the 360 has a great library of games and thewii has pretty fun games too i have zelda metal slug and super monkey ball they are great games and i know theres alot more to come. i will buy a hd dvd player i havent yet cause ive been lazy lol ill preobably get it next month on like within a week or soo

soo wii60 combo all the way i will eventualy get a ps3 it is a decent machine but not worth my 600  bucks i know better

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 01:03:00 PM »

I own both a 360 and a Wii. The 360 is still my main console as well as my multimedia hub and I enjoy it more for single player gaming and online multiplayer.  The Wii is more of a party machine that I break out when a bunch of people are over. Man that thing is fun.  I don't own a PS3 and don't see myself getting one anytime soon.  As a technophile, I really want one but besides the square-enix games, everything else I want to play is on the 360. Wii60 FTW!

leijae

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

well i have a 360 and it's bombdizzle, i've played wii, and its fun. ps3's a big bust i think.

Evillvi

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 02:28:00 PM »

i chose the wii60 combo too. sony put plain and simple just doesnt make a quality product. not one. from tvs and the rest of what they sell is all crap. granted the wii doesnt have a dvd player in it but arent they selling for like $20 at walmart anyway?

spurs2k5

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »

I just dont get how people can say that the PS3 is going to be  bust.  Lets see, PS1...success, PS2...even greater success.  For me, Nintendo just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  Like i said earlier, everyone is all bent outta shape about the PS3 because of the price and the lack of systems shipped.  After just 2 months, i find very hard to say that the PS3 is not going to work.  Same can be said about the Wii.  M$ and Sony have exclusives to the top games (Halo,MGS,FF ect.).  Mario, Zelda, and DK is all nintendos had for years.  Now think and compare this for a sec.  Atari, being the OG of home gaming, tried to get back in the scene to compete with nintendo and Sega.  Well, what happened was that the Jaguar was an attempt to rekindle something that it once had.  We all know how that turned out.  Im not saying thats gonna happen with nintendo, but there are similarities.  I would call the Virtual boy a flop.  The 64 i think died b4 its time.  As for the GC, well it just never had a chance when M$ and Sony were dominating.  Sure GC had great games, but from a business standpoint, its just really tough to keep on making systems, and knowing your a distant 3rd.  I dont own a PS3 and proboly wont until late this year when at least $100 is knocked off, and lots of the bugs are fixed.  I love nintendo, love the games, more importantly, i love the tradition.  But from an unbiased standpoint, i just really think that nintendos time is up as far as systems go.  Now nintendo has had great, and i do mean great success in the handheld market.  But its not really fair to compare the DS to the 360 or PS3 or Wii for that matter.  Im just saying that lets all stop the PS3 bashing already.  Lets give it a fair chance.  The PS3 might flop like the 3D0, and nintendo might do the unthinkable and be on the top looking down.  When or more importantly IF that time comes we can all debate about why so and so system failed.  Until then lets be fair to all systems, and give them all a chance.  Mario & Zelda has great potential, Halo 3 has great potential, and MGS has great potential.  Lets wait it out gentleman.

shotgunsteve

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

i have all 3 and you can't deny the 360 + wii combo

compton

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

yeah, i am sure developers are going to line up to release titles for a system with a minimal install base. Nintendo is already nearing the halfway point to M$'s head start, it has a cheaper development cost, and developers are very interested in making games for it, plus it is made by a japanese company and that automatically wins over their audience. Plus Nintendo is earning money on their console (something no one else can claim) so they are in no trouble at all. Even a profitable last place is better then hemorrhaging first.

The fact that Dragon Quest IX is coming out on the DS should prove to be a little foreshadowing of what's to come. if SquareEnix has no faith in the sony brand (as they have been releasing titles for every system under the sun) there is very little reason to believe that any other heavy hitting development team are going to release exclusives for a system that has near 1/15th of a market share, especially considering the dev costs for these epic titles.

Lets not forget sony's underwhelming proprietary format success, blueray is nothing but a foot note next to mini disc  and UMD, so to say this is win for the PS3 is a little rash. Besides, after spending the last 5 years accumulating DVDs do you really want to replace them already? VHS was swinging for more then 15 years before the format change, and VCRs are still common place in most homes, do you really think anyone besides those who bought laser disc players are really looking to trade out the library of movies they have acquired? No they don't! Aside from media buzz over HDTV, most people are clueless about what it is and why it is better, all they notice is the inflated price tag. In fact, upon showing almost everyone the difference, they usually scoff about how i need to find better ways to spend my free time after saying they don't know what i am talking about with "jagged edges." HDTV is only a status symbol right now (right up there with Hummers, Razor cell phones, and adopted minorities,) it will take a complete industry change (around 2010-2013) to get the general public to follow.

So sure, Sony will probably be top dog in 2007 as well, but only because of the ps2 (honestly I still play mine) but when that boat runs out of steam, Nintendo and Xbox will be there soak up there respective audiences. Sony just isn't the same company it was when the PSX or PS2 was released, they are dodging complete financial collapse on the whims of their stock holders...

fattymc

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(cignu @ Jan 15 2007, 03:49 AM) View Post

I own a 360, I'd like to have a WII as well but I'm still in love with the first XBOX, the XBMC adds sooo many features ... I love to watch YouTube/Google videos on my TV and Last.FM/Shoutcasts are playing 24/7  ...
XBOX forever, that's my choice!

c'

they don't look like shit when u have an hdtv.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7