xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What Would You Choose?  (Read 1644 times)

impimpin206

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

The Wii is not even graphically competitive with the 360 or the PS3. I know, there's more to gaming than graphics... but graphics mean a lot to me.

The Wii-mote is a novel idea, but stupid and impractical. I was playing my little brother's Wii and had a sore shoulder after 20 minutes of boxing. Let's not even mention the PS3/360 exclusive titles, such as Fight Night Round 3. Nintendo's boxing isn't a boxing game... the boxers even wear glasses! (WTF)

Furthermore, the Wii's online service isn't running yet... so games like Call of Duty 3 can't be enjoyed completely.

HD Gaming. HD Movies. Online gaming.

Xbox360 and/or PS3.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »

I'd go for 360 and PS3 (assuming someone was giving me the consoles for free). I'd then sell the PS3 on eBay for some extra cash to buy more 360 games!  biggrin.gif .

If I had to buy two of the three consoles then it would be the Wii and I already bought a 360 so there's your answer. I doubt I'd ever buy a Wii though. My friend got one for xmas and although the games were fun I don't see the novelty lasting more than a couple of days (he sold his within a week of having it).

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

Latest Releases:

11/17 - PlayStation 3 system
11/16 - Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
11/15 - Resistance: Fall of Man
11/14 - Sonic The Hedgehog
December 2006

12/05 - Fight Night Round 3
12/12 - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
12/12 - Full Auto 2: Battlelines
12/19 - Sonic the Hedgehog
January 2007

1/15 - College Hoops 2K7
1/30 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

well sines this is the whole list of PS3 games that has came out i will not buy on just yet so bring on the Wii60 Revolution

RaLdY

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »

360+Wii cuz its cheaper

gli7ch

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »

I think I'll stick to the 360. I've cut my finger almost thrice opening this sucker up, I don't even want to imagine the Wii or the PS3 with their hidden counter-measures such as tear gas filling the room as soon as you aim the screwdriver at the PS3. biggrin.gif

Xx The 0ne xX

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »

wii60 combo beats ps3, 250+400=650, i would rather pay 50 bucks more than a ps3 for two GOOD consoles than pay 50 dollars less for a BAD system like ps3.

mister.shine

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Jan 15 2007, 06:40 AM) View Post

Wii is my second choice cause it's unique controller looks like it could be fun using in games.

I thought that when I played Unreal Tourny with a gyration mouse 4 years ago.
The novelty soon wears off. I'd still buy a Wii before a PS3 though, as I've never forgiven $ony for kiling my beloved Saturn. grr.gif

SRI-Sajuuk

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »

360 + Wii

"Wii would like to play..."

Wii kicks the Ps3's collective @$$, 360 Owns the PS3, but the Wii and the 360 together? We're talking Major OWNAGE!!! lol...

Although if i go out looking for paper weights that costs an arm or leg, ill go buy some PS3's  laugh.gif

pop.gif

AdoptedDeV

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »

wii60, 360 for all my shooter and online gaming needs.  Wii for my living room gamign sessions and cuz I've always been a sucker for peripherals.
The sheer fact it has my wife gaming alone makes it worth the purchase.  And I hope it ends up w/ at least a decent (although) small library of great games like the GC ended up w/ in its lifetime.

Someone compard the wii to the dreamcast... I think they ment that as an insult but if  the wii shows the same amount of potential the DC (insane amount of fun games) had then I'd rather buy short lived consoles anyday over this ugly white, loud, and poorly built 360 anyday.  Good thing MS made LIVE such a sexy service.

anarchyincarcery

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

Definitely  the xbox for the ultimate gaming experience..... and then if i feel like exercising....  then along comes the Wii... to burn some carbs.. it the perfect combination!!!!!

blind42

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

Already got my Wii60 Combo , Played the Wii alot at first , till my nephew decided to delete my 30 hour game save on zelda sad.gif  Just waiting for SSX Blur to come out now tongue.gif

ownagesbot

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »

I choose 360&PS3

The PS3 isn't overpriced if you think like this:

360+HD-DVD drive = Same price as PS3
and seeing as PS3 has built in bluray + owns the 360 on system specs seems to me fair.

I do love the wii, but the graphics are in the region of DIABOLICAL

iLLNESS

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(LightningStruckMyXbox @ Jan 15 2007, 06:09 AM) View Post

I'll get both, but th Wii is first. I am waiting for the new 360 with hdmi. biggrin.gif

hope your immortal. waiting for somethign as little as that is jjust stupid

dyinman

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »

Easily.... Wii60. PS3 has nothing to offer over 360, except Blu-ray which the HD-DVD makes up for easy. Besides, I don't plan on using consoles for playing back HD content. Sadly, I still do not own a 360, but picked up a Wii a couple weeks after it's release. I'll never regret it.

I love the Wii. I hear people saying the novelty will wear off... sure, maybe if there's 1 game for it, but there's a huge lineup of games planned for release in 2007, and I doubt they'll get old anytime soon.

And BTW, this "kiddie" system has my father and father-in-law both playing it, and they've never picked up a console before. Awesome.

As for it playing back DVDs, I think they still have that planned. There's quite a bit of flexibility and expandability built into this thing, so I don't doubt they'll have something before 2007 ends.

It doesn't have the same hardware and graphics level as the 360 or PS3, but does it need it? It's innovative controls in combination with fun games more than make up for it... hell, I still enjoy playing some of the old NES games. Graphics aren't as important to me as the gaming experience itself, and as far as that goes, Wii wins.

I choose the 360 over the PS3 because the 360 easily has more to offer. The Live! service can NOT be beat... Sony tried, but failed miserably. Sony... lost it's focus trying to compete with 360. Too much hardware for just a fricken gaming system. The result? Crappy expensive paperweight. People say "Wii is just Gamecube 2"... I don't get that. Have these Sony fanboys taken a look at the history of playstation? Besides some slight improvements in graphics each time, NOTHING really changed. The Wii was a huge step in gaming evolution... there are more factors than graphics (which it did improve on over Gamecube, although not heavily).

Hooray Wii60!

bigjimmy

• Archived User
What Would You Choose?
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »

Wii-60 FTW.......

360 and wii give you the best of both worlds.....and only for the price of one ps3!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7