xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons  (Read 1528 times)

litium33

• Archived User
Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2006, 05:51:00 AM »

I voted PS3/WII/X360

High price of PS3 will only impact in the first part of the life of this consolle.  When prices will go down PS3 will rush forward.
WII hardware is too poor for the next generation, but Idea is innovative and I expect it to attract people (expecially as a second consolle).

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2006, 04:17:00 PM »

DEFF WITHOUT A DOUGHT MS NINTENDO SONY BECUASE MY FRIEND liek sum of u guys said go to school ask how many sony fans are dissapointed trust me THEY R becuase my friend went from a ps3 fan boy to buying xbxo 360 so that will switch the race tracks alot no dought ps3 will win even when ppl buy it theyll be like damn it no vibration not alot of good games becuase its late and europe now delays and they lied on sum stuff i here from my firend being a ps3 fan boy going to get a 360 and he thinks he made the right choice so yeah and of cousrse ()()7 for wii which is awsome and old school agmes so im getting wii and 360 ps3 to much bs i dont need thank u

xmod4u

• Recovered User
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Sony, Nintendo, MS

2 words
NO HDMI

I think in the end Sony PS3 will be the most sold console ever, like NES in the days.

MS was tryin the early launch thing, didnt do it for dreamcast, wont for them either!
now their not even in the same league anymore! lol

Nintendo have the kids as usual, they are normaly in the lead.

Latest numbers :
MS was Under
Sony broke even
Nintendo had small profit.

pop.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(xmod4u @ Sep 20 2006, 05:11 PM) View Post

Sony, Nintendo, MS

2 words
NO HDMI

HDMI is HARDLY the reason why Sony will out sell M$. You obviously don't understand how little of a percent of households have a High Def TV. On top of that, a large percent of people who DO have an HD set don't even have a digital input. HDMI, at this point, is a gimmick. Until studios start flagging their content HDMI isn't necessary. And as most people will tell you, HDMI/DVI gives little improvement over component.

jhoff80

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2006, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(kowrip @ Sep 20 2006, 09:07 PM) View Post

Your logic has a big flaw in it.  If $500 or $600 for a PS3 is too much, how the hell are the majority going to buy both a 360 AND a Wii ?  That means they will be spending at least $550-$650 on game consoles.  I agree that Sony is priced way too high though.  I, like most people here, have talked with people I know who own the PS2 and none of them are going to be buying a PS3.  The reason ?  Cost.  Plain and simple.  Like I said before, expect a major slowdown after the initial batches are scooped up.

Theres a flaw in your logic as well though.  Many people say that $500 or $600 for one system is way too much.  The fact that people willi be buying both a Wii and a 360 is irrelevant because two systems for the same price is much more value than one system for it, especially when the 360 and PS3 will probably be a wash in terms of power, and the only benefit the PS3 really has is HDMI.

YouKnowItAllSoHelp

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

I’m sad to say, I voted the following order…. Sony, MS, and then NINTENDO.

M$ had a real opportunity to surpass the current sales king with the 360.

I would of voted MS, Sony, and then NINTENDO if the following had been true

- Enough stock last Christmas  (I was lucky enough to get a 360 on Dec 23 – Pre-ordered back in October).  The hype was there. Too bad the product wasn’t.  Thank god that Sony’s pricing and expected stock shortages may give the 360 one more Christmas to fatten up.  Hopefully M$ has the product to cover this Christmas – Vast number of consoles are whats needed to sell Vast number of games, and a console which can sell vast numbers of games entices developers to make games.

- 100% backwards compatibility of all games from the get go (none of this tacked after through emulation).  Sony had this right with the PS2/PSX.  Thought M$ would of realized with and ran with it from the start through a software emmulation).

- A Decent emulator which performs at least on par with the original xbox (shouldn't the current 360 configuration be enough to over emulate the hardware of the original xbox?  One processor for sound, one for graphics, and one for the CPU emulation? Its not like they’re disassembling and trying to reverse engineer the xbox to make the emulator (Someone at MS should have access to the technical specs manual.. Maybe nobody thought to check Bills place ;-)

- Mixed mode compatibility.  Add the ability for developers of original xbox games to check for a 360 emulator flag which would developers to run with higher textures, more background information, higher draw distances. Stretch the original xbox life longer, and provide more “Cross platform” compatible games to slowly ease in the 360 and the developers.

- Hard drive as a default like the original xbox.  Having the core 360 system was kinda of a step backwards in my opinion (Anyone else find that some games seem to have lots of DVD load time?   Or have I just been spoiled by running my originals directly from hard drive off my original xbox?  I think the core console has forced developers to either handle both HD and non HD, and maybe even just to use the DVD only as a default)

- And maybe an option to have ability to install the game completely to the stock hard drive (I wouldn’t have an issue having the original DVD in the drive for validation).  I’m pretty sure that MS could make a killing selling upgrade HD’s replace the current. I’d personally go for the biggest I could find ;-).

- Lastly, Stickers on all original Xbox games in stores - Something like "RUNS on original xbox and the new 360".  Alot of these PS2 fan boys jumping ship are sure to be interested in picking up some of the "Only on xbox" titles which they may not oh had the chance to play.  

Just my 2 cents

Hopefully the 360 comes out on top.. But only time will tell.

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2006, 02:30:00 AM »

Well i rekon 360/wii/PS3

I cant wait for the wii to come out. But the only thing im worried about is its going to have some pretty shit hardware (CPU and GPU wise) but hopefully this wont effct the games too much.

Oh yeah and the PS3 is going to suck balls. Im mean, what fool is going to fork out a $1000 for a PS3? Ive already vowed to import a case when they come out in america and build the PS3 grill to piss sony fanboys off. I even found the perfect George Foreman grill to go in it....

mitpat

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2006, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(crapoid685 @ Sep 10 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post

I think consumers will reconsider a 360 when they find out that a) they cant play the latest dvd movies b/c they are on blueray or cool.gif they have to buy a $300 add-on drive thats half the size of the 360 just to play HD-DVD movies(no games). Also, sony dev's can fit a ton of game on a blueray disc(30Gb), compared to dual layer dvds for 360. This is more of a problem for future games not current generation.

1. A new disc that has dvd/blu ray and hd dvd on it has come out so it shouldn't matter if you have blu ray or hd dvd though hd dvd is far better value

2. Being forced to put games on dvd 9 will mean develeopers will have to do better quality coding and most games go across both consoles so putting games on blu ray when you don't need to is a waste of money

i'm saying sony, ms, nintendo - sony is still huge and soo many people are waiting for it, ms is doing well but in japan it is completely dead, nintendo will do well in japan but will have trouble in other areas as people take time to get used to a new idea not to mention the name

Cybercast

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

GO XBOX WII60!!!!!

ronaldo7

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

1 360 2 wii  then miles last in 3 and last place sony's crappy ps3

iPwn

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Sep 10 2006, 02:56 PM) View Post

The Wii60 Combo for the win!

that is funny, it Rymes  tongue.gif

LightningStruckMyXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Nintendo will get all of the youger (and cheaper) people along with japan
1) Nintendo

MS Will continue to sell it's system here in america and then have a huge explosion of sales come halo 3 (thats what i'm waitin for, you know some of you are to)
2) MS

Sony has once again pumped up the hype but hasn't produced much. Their system is extremely over priced and with the choice of, I think, 4 or 5 different packages there aere going to be many disscouraged people. The way I see it, if you buy package number 3 you system is already oblsoleted by packages 4 and 5. Doesn't soud too fun.
3) Sony

NeoPlato

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

MS
Sony
Nintendo

"Who do you think will turn out ahead with this next gen of cons?"

I think this depends on how you are defining 'ahead'. If you mean who will generate the most revenue from their console, thats got to be Sony pulling trumps, with the 360 2nd and the poor lil wii in last.
If, however you mean how many consoles will be sold of each then its a very close race between the 360 and the wii with the ps coming a flat last.

My reasons are as follows,
1.for Sony to win, profit wise, they only need to sell 5/8 of the amount of consoles MS do, as each console costs about 35% more.
2.For the above reason this means nintendo need to sell excessive numbers of the console to be within a fighting chance of making as much revenue (not profit)
3.MS already have a big head start, sales wise, and it will take Sony atleaast 12 months to make those numbers back (although by then the 360 will be even cheaper). Im sure with the mega corp marketing Sony have embedded into us all that won't be a problem.

Onto this 'bigger capacity = bigger games'. Potentialy, yes ofcourse this is true but when backing up a game have you ever seen previous generations of game fill up a normal dvd, let alone a hd-dvd or blu-ray. I really don't think a blu-ray drive is worth the investment atm, as much as i think investing in a hd-dvd drive is a bad idea. What ever happens to be attached to these drives, they are too expensive for the lack of effort on the developers side.
Can you imagine how long it would take to develop a game that fills up a blu-ray disk. You're looking at a staff of like 1000 per game, one texture would take a couple of weeks and there would have to be millions of textures for a blu-ray disk. And how about the audio, music companies would have to sell their entire back catalogue at a time to get the disk full. Ofcourse none of this will happen and you PS3 fanboys will be left with a disk capable of 30gb and games that are about 15gb.

Just my opinion but, I think people who will buy the PS3 have too much money and not enough sense. Like spending an extra 80£/$ on a pair of nikes just because they put more air in them (THEY ARE SELLING YOU AIR AND AN IMAGE...FOOL!). Or buying a Mclaren Mercedes for and extra 20k because it has a limited edition keyring. I mean, damn it, you can buy a Wii and a top spec 360 for the priice of a top spec PS3.
Sorry for the rant but it drives me crazy when Sony think they can dictate the price of new tech just because 'they know the market'. It seems to me a lot like the AMD vs Intel battle. Even though the manufacturing quality of Intel is superior (65nm instead of 85nm) AMD are pulling ahead because their chips are more reliable and can take harder punches before you need a new one, which costs less.

Although the PS3 is more advanced, I think there is a line to be drawn between 'next gen tech' and 'next next gen tech'. The blu-ray revolution will not really be a popular as good ol' dvd for about 6-8 years yet and by then the 'next next gen' consoles will be here and im sure even nintendo will have blu-ray by then.

If the 360 has a similar developers bit which you can conveiniently put mod-chips onto and PS3 sticks with their lame 'no! we shall make our chips so complex you have to have a degree to attach a modchip' (exageration ofcourse) then it will be an easy win for MS. After the PS5 (i called it) is out there will still be the 360 humming along modded to the max. Ofcourse, if the reverse happens and PS3 is easier to mod than the 360 then Sony will win in the long run for tha same reason, moded to the max.

360 ftw smile.gif
The ramblings of a madman

Edit: btw. I heard that there is a bottle neck (one piece of hardware stopping the others from functioning at full potential) in the PS3. Is this just MS fanboy propaganda or is there any truth to this. I cant remember exactly where i read it but I remember they did have stats to back it up (mighty stats mwahaha). Was this a temporary issue they they have dealth with or is it true?

as905

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »

my honest suggestion away from fanboysim:

1-ps3.
2-xbox360.
3-wii.

OR:

1-ps3.
2-wii.
3-xbox360.

Bullet724

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

I would just like to point out that this is xbox-scene and not ps3-scene, so of course xbox360 will be winning in the polls.

Initially, I thought xbox 360 would definatly come out on top because of it's early release and amazing FPS games, but just a week ago I started looking at the ps3 after hearing about the 1080p at 60fps (supposedly). And quite frankly even though I have xbox and xbox360, I'm really itching to get my hands on a ps3. It surpasses the 360's next-gen graphics and speeds, introduces revolutionary technology, offers free online service like live, and has some amazing driving games (such as gran turismo hd), and it even incorporates the psp, its basically a wii, 360, and media center combined into one times 10. I'm telling you, the ps3 will take everyone by suprise.

1.ps3 (in 2 years ps3 will have sold more than double or triple the number of consoles than the 360 or wii, unless ms releases a new console in a year or so)
3.Wii
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7