xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Do You Own An Xbox360?  (Read 1788 times)

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

pre-ordered mine about 2 months before release date (note: im an aussie) and got mine on the release date. even teh shops over here had to place all their allocated 360's to pre-orders. the shop that i got mine from didnt even get enough to do that

Spartan 195

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

After 15 hours in the below freezing weather at costco I finally got it. I plan on getting another one to mod once they become easier to get and its actually worth it to mod.

amb7247

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2006, 07:33:00 PM »

Tell ya what. I've had mine since December 23rd and had no problems. If I had any problems it was due to a bug with the game and not the console. Never had a major issue with it at all. Those that had overheating were one of the ones that most likely got their batch from the facility that had the original xbox made in. Those had issues. But the second facilty MS had at the time had better 360 sucesses. Funny, those that has issues will complain those who don't have issues you'll never hear a peep. The overheating crap was started by a playstation magazine and it really only affected a fraction of people. THey made it worse than it really was. Also that I have the 1 year with ebgames, I need not worry. hell my friend works there and he told me that even if I open it they'll take it. He's a cool dude.

360LiveKiller

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

preordered my Premium three months before release date from GameStop and didn't get it till the first week of Jan. I complained and got $20 buck off. every little bit helps. Bought PDZ CE and was disappointed. Also have NFSMW and love playing that. also have Tony Hawks American Wasteland, NHL 2K6, Fight Night Round 3, DOA 4, played and sold King Kong and Madden 06.

Exist2Resist

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

Not only do i own one but it does eveything my old modded xbox used to do, of course except for play copied games/ muhaha.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2006, 02:26:00 PM »

I need a part time job in order to get one, and if I had a part time job I would be tempted to save up for a HD display as well. Though the PS3 is starting to look interesting.

hecz

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2006, 01:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(-Natas- @ Mar 31 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

Disagree, I don't care as you have a right to your own opinion. Since I'm not a fan of online play or care about pretty graphics modern gaming is just not for me. Modern gaming is all about money, the games cost more then most of the cartridge games from back in the day that actually had a circuit board in them. You got all the nice fees for playing online and downloading maps which is just stupid (no I'm not poor, just don't think I should have to pay to play with idiots or pay for maps that should have been in the game in the first place). I'm no longer paying to play online with rude people, cheating lamers, or getting cussed out by some timmie (someone under the age of 18), that is just not my idea of fun. Modern gaming is just a cookie cutter industry and that is just boring. Games from back in the day were about gameplay, fun factor, and innovation (granted there were not as many games out back then so doing something new was not that hard) which is what I look for in a game.

You mentioned Halo 2, well I feel that Halo 2 is one of the worse FPS's ever made. I traded my Halo 2 for 4 NES games a couple weeks ago. The more I played Halo 2 the more I hated it as there is no skill needed to win in Halo 2, just dumb luck. Plus there is way too many morons online in that game.

dude why are u in the xbox forums? u should be in the nes forums or something, if u traded halo 2 for 4 nes games, you will problably trade ur GF or wife for 2 cents.......and u sound like my gf , she says exactly what ur saying....and her problem is she can finish super mario world but she cant finish mario sunshine....she says new consoles  and new graphics suck ...guess why you and her say that,cuz u probably suck at gaming and u cant compete on live biggrin.gif

DV8ORMODS

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

360 rocks

rainfever

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2006, 01:05:00 PM »

"plan to buy one within 1year
no plan to buy it next 12months"

is it just me or are both those options the same damn thing...

Oh, and i plan to buy one after two things have happened
1) the price drops
2) the cpu process shrinks from 90 nanometers to 65 (or whatever it is)

Heet

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »

Had one, sold it.

I'll go buy another one when it runs unsigned.

survivorejam

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

I'm in Australia  ...
I preordered before christmas and had PD0 from then sitting around at home.
Got it at the midnight launch and instantly hated PD0 so I sold it for $50 and got an extra wireless controler instead.

Up until launch I was collecting all kinds of discount vouchers and store magazines so I'd get the best deal out there. Very funny considering I'm in real estate and $ is not a problems. Guess I was really looking forward to the new rig.
I play for many hours every day and have got almost every Australian release game. We are so lucky here because we have Ghost Recon 3 and Oblivion as launch titles !
I hated PGR 3 (cabon copy of the old game) and the sports games because they are LAZY programming and will all be replaced within a few months with this years titles.
Example : Fifa .... we get the launch one in a few days but 25 days later the next Fifa game comes out. What the heck ?  How stupid does EA think we are ?
I am a fan of Fight Night 3 but that's only because I've never played that series before.

For all you retro gamers out there I only have one thing to say "Xbox Live Arcade" .... you can play all the games for free !
I love the whole Live thing ! So much so that I won't be moding my x360. Why on earth would you want to wait till the x360 can be modded ? The whole point of the console is to play on Live (which no mod should mess with) ... If you want to do other stuff just get a laptop or something.
The old xbox was crap until you modded it ... its the only reason I bought one : but MS has really listened to us and has created a machine that caters to our needs.
Finaly it's great that the acheivments are cool ! I mean you can just look at what your friends are doing "hey look at Mark he's ranked as a murderer in Oblivion ! wow"

Anyway if you don't plan on buying one then don't even think about testing the machine or you WILL BE HOOKED ! lol

djdoconthebox

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 05:48:00 AM »

Had mine since UK Launch Day, No major issues with it since I got my VGA Cable. I was getting the odd E74 before then.

DJ

bjs1400

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

Won one from every10minutes.com, played it for about a month, then sold it.  Being a poor college student, $630 is worth a whole lot more than a having a 'next-gen' console that I barely played.  Will probably buy a new one after a price drop or two.  Until then I'm happy with my original xboxes (especially the one I have in the bathroom).

brispet1

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2006, 03:11:00 PM »

I decided to camp out day before launch because my local walmart was doing a midnight opening.  After one
hour waiting, there were enough people in line to account for all the consoles the store had so they passed out
tickets and let us go home until midnight, picked premium system up with PGR3 and PD0 with the intention of keeping it and was not blown away so I sold it on ebay that day for BIG money.  A few months later at the
same wallmart they had a few cores in stock, and I decided to pick one up, I rarely play it though, as I just
have not been playing games much recently.

prankfurter

• Archived User
Do You Own An Xbox360?
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(rainfever @ Apr 4 2006, 03:12 PM) View Post

"plan to buy one within 1year
no plan to buy it next 12months"

is it just me or are both those options the same damn thing...

on is you plan to buy in a year
and the other is you have no plan (IE: do not plan) to buy one in the next year.

got mine launch day. preorder #19 or 20 recieved at my eb games.

no problems at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6