xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Do You Have An Xbox 360 And Is It Working Fine?  (Read 2869 times)

quarky42

• Archived User
Do You Have An Xbox 360 And Is It Working Fine?
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2005, 04:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(TainTeDKnowledge @ Nov 26 2005, 03:48 AM) View Post

...any suggestions on how to fix this problem before i take it back, AM I THE FIRST to report this error?

Help Me  Please...

Regarding wireless problems, I have sent you a PM via the forum.  You can email me and we can work on this issue.  I'm certain there are settings in your wireless router and maybe even your wireless card in your computer that will overcome this interference problem.

I have a Belkin Wireless Router (802.11g) and have had no network problems while playing.  Changing the channel setting on the router may be the quickest and easiest way  to overcome this however it might take more than that.  We can work together on it.  After it is figured out I'll post something on my site UnderOurRock.com so that others can benefit from it.

scionmessenger

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2005, 04:32:00 PM »

muhaha.gif  mine is a peice of shit.  It freezes, the dvd drive sounds like a 747, and now my ring of light is red.  I called MS and they said i have a hardware failure!

lotw

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

I also have been playing mine almost non-stop, except when I have to go to work or sleep.  It has worked flawlessly.  The only lockup I got was from the MediaCenter Extension, but since MediaCenter is sooo buuugggyyy already I doubt it was the consoles fault.  I completed PDZ and Kameo already on a single charge on the wireless controllers rechargable battery.

sentinel0

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »

my only issue with mine is that it's scratching rings around my games.  dhl was suppose to come today and bring a box to ship it back to get fixed but it has not came yet

Guess not my only problem Mr. and Mrs. Smith didn't have voices when it played.

mlwood37

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »

we have one in our shop (UK) and its failed all ready been sent back to MS today with a direct replacement. The new one lasted a full day with out problems. MS Responded Very quickly with a replacement. proably cos its on full display for the public.

-=Going to add Im not that impressed with what ive seen so far my pc witch is quite high end seems to make a better job of the games - may change as time progresses though and dev get sued to the hardwere=-

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(flummox @ Nov 30 2005, 12:55 PM) View Post

not even close! Nothing works, nothing turns on!

dude, that would be the:

yes, but I have tech. problems
 option

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2005, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(cyray7 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:38 PM) View Post

pue5tube

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »

I waited in line for 17 hours and got a premium 360.  Everyone told me to sell it on eBay but I listened to my wife and kept it tongue.gif

I'm glad I did smile.gif  It's a killer piece of hardware that is beggin' for some good software.   So far I've had no problems with the system or games.  The dashboard integrated with Xbox Live, the Live Arcade titles, and the connection to my Media Center PC makes for great entertainment.  I already sold PDZ and Madden 06 as they fell short of my expectations, but I'm happy with COD 2, PGR 3, and NBA 2K6.  Everything looks killer on my HDTV!

Hopefully DOA 4 and next year's 1st quarter game releases will be more promising.

Another thing, I wonder if a UPS is a good idea for the 360.  Hmmm....

Good luck to those trying to score the hottest Christmas gift of 2005!

HaloSlayer

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2005, 10:58:00 AM »

I got my Xbox360 from circuitcity.com on 11/18 2pm est.  They acutally didn't have them on their website till about 2:30, and when they did their server became overloaded.  I was able to get one in my cart, it just took 2hrs to checkout.  And then they wanted $75 to get it by 11/22, I went with the free shipping and got mine on 11/26 only 4 days later!  

Anyways mine has not had a sigle problem yet.  I have the power supply just hanging over the side of my entertainment center for maximum air flow, and the system is sitting flat.  I havn't seen any scratches on my games/dvds yet.  I have noticed that the dvd drive is pretty loud when in use.

I've played PGR3, Kameo, Need for speed, and Halo 2.  Halo 2 looks alot better on my 50inch HDTV than it did with the original xbox!  Halo 2 online even runs better.  And the xbox 360 wireless contollers are the best i've used yet, no lag with good range.  The headset even plugs right into the controller, my only complaint is that the headset volume isn't very loud while playing Halo 2 online.  It also shows that you have a headset pluged in even if you don't have the headset pluged in, while in Halo 2 online.

The live market place is nice, I can download trailers(720p or 480p) and a few playable demos!  Only complaint here is that the downloads went a little slow, but I do only have DSL.

All in all the system is great.  And some of those damn live arcade games can be very addictive!

HaloSlayer

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

well HaloSlayer, your makign me one very jealous man.

but hey, i might just have to wait.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

damn, 256 out of 1298 purchased systems with problems...
whats that, roughly 25%,  that seems a little high.

XBOXIZGOOD

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2005, 10:07:00 PM »

I waited in line at Wal-Mart for 9.5 hours, and snagged a premium system. I have had ZERO problems, and I've got around 30+ hours logged on it. I keep mine out in the open on a hard, flat surface when I'm playing, and I keep the power brick on a flat, hard surface as well. I also keep mine horizontal, as I think it offers the best cooling efficiency. I'm loving this machine so far, but I gotta admit that the launch lineup was a bit flat. Also, to those that don't like the sound of the DVD drive....it's a Hitachi LG drive. MS used Hitachi LGs in the last revision of the XBOX, and they were LOUDER than the Hitachi/LG in my 360. I can hear the disc spinning, but the sound from the lens reading the disc is pretty quiet compared to the one in the old XBOX.

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

well as stupid as it sounds, Sniper W/O Eyez, i think the lens may have touched the disc and got scratched.

is the disc scratched at all?

ferrari_rulz_02

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(oNee @ Dec 1 2005, 09:29 PM) View Post

i stood in line for an xbox2 (i think 360 is a stupid name, and yes i know why they call it 360) for 16 hours at Best Buy in the freezing cold. And then i ebay'd it in a heart beat, came out one grand profit. hollahollaholla

well for a thousand bucks, id almost do that. but id take a mate and get two, so i have oen to play

Getoutnow

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2005, 08:12:00 PM »

First Post Guys. GREAT SITE LOVED EVERY PART OF IT!!!!

I had xbox the day it came out. we were able to get five premimums after waitng 12 hours out side circut city and target. i sold 4 on ebay very quickly. NO problems heard from the buyer so far mine works fine aswell.

J`
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10