xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows 2000 Pro up and running on the PS3 via Linux  (Read 298 times)

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
Windows 2000 Pro up and running on the PS3 via Linux
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

Wow, I hate Sony, period and would never buy a PS3 (if you can't tell I'm a hater). This interests me alot though to see they are already doing this.

Quite sad as soon as you guys get something cool you all bash it and say it's useless. Useless as it may be at least you guys have something cool to play with.

No wonder PS2 had almost nothing for SW, you guys don't appreciate anything.  dry.gif

Great job to the guy who got this running, I don't even have a PS3 and probably never will, but I'm glad to see progress in the ps3 scene.  smile.gif

Buffi

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 07:38:00 AM »

The thing is not only that it's useless.
It's just that this isn't even an achievement smile.gif
Since there are virtual machine packages available for more or less all PPC distribution you can install one using only like one or two (very short) commands
In debian for PS3 for an example all you need to write to get this up and running is
"sudo apt-get update"
"sudo apt-get install vmware-player"

Then it's done, you just need to copy a win2k virtual image to your ps3 and there isn't anything else needed.

So basically.. this is nothing.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »

I would think ps3 owners would be psyched to see new development on the ps3 side, I know if 360 owners had the same progress we would be psyched.
But I think the main reason to run win2k is so you can actually play GOOD games on the ps3 because you cant get any good games for it yet tongue.gif
kinda funny sony needs a m$ product to run good games.
Pages: 1 [2]