xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Linux Not Installing  (Read 134 times)

King13p

• Archived User
Linux Not Installing
« on: January 02, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »

Alright, I burned YDL on a DVD using magiciso at 4x. I get to the spot where it looks like linux is starting up and then kboot comes up. I hit tab to install and then my next thing says NO VRS Found and then it shuts off. Did I burn the CD wrong? should I unzip the ISO and burn it that way or burn it as an ISO with MagicISO?

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Linux Not Installing
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »

you need to burn as an iso with magiciso.  you installed the bootloader correctly via a usb key or something right?

King13p

• Archived User
Linux Not Installing
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

if your talking about the first part where I do the install other OS with those files then yes, its just that when I try to hit tab/install when Kboot apears it doesn't want to install

mrRobinson

• Archived User
Linux Not Installing
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

If i recall, is there an option to check the disc?  can you do that?  or try reburning the .iso (maybe even download again) and try again.

King13p

• Archived User
Linux Not Installing
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »

I'm not even sure, all it said was to wait till Kboot apears and hit the tab button till you see Install and press enter, I'm very basic to any type of command prompt but I'm sure I screwed up the disc somehow. I burned it on a DVD+R because thats all my computer can burn on, but I doubt that would be the problem. Anyone yet get windows to run much better? I heard it runs real slow and the only way is to install the linux first right?