xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Black Screen When I Try To Play Demo.  (Read 155 times)

trinchiuz

• Archived User
Black Screen When I Try To Play Demo.
« on: September 03, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »

Hi,
I've bought  a used CEHC03. The slot loader was not functioning. Now it works OK, but when I try to play demo the PS3 shows black screen and nothing more. No sound and black screen. I tried to reset settings, repair file system, checked BD drive connections, tried without the drive...Still the same.

Any ideas?

Hawkthexboxhero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(trinchiuz @ Sep 3 2010, 11:37 PM) View Post

Hi,
I've bought  a used CEHC03. The slot loader was not functioning. Now it works OK, but when I try to play demo the PS3 shows black screen and nothing more. No sound and black screen. I tried to reset settings, repair file system, checked BD drive connections, tried without the drive...Still the same.

Any ideas?

Hey Mate

i will help you out
i have very bad news for you.

it are 2 options:

1. the blue ray board thats underneath the blue ray drive its broke
2. u dont have the original blue ray board attached, that board is unique to boot games.
   u can play movies from hd?

if so, its a bad blue ray board, and since u cant replace the blue ray board.
u just screwed..

i experienced it myself a lot 3 times..
after a lot of testing i know it now.

only chance for you is, ps jailbreak try to get the blue ray keys to flash again on a new blue ray board.
but it isnt there yet so it cant be fixed on the moment.

u ps3 will be only a ps3 media center.

good luck mate  sad.gif

more info:
your drive boards are swaped or posibly the person you got it from swaped it and you will never find a pair until the ps3 is hacked.
you can test and see if you can paly a demo game off the HD then something other then rong board is your problem..

TTFN

trinchiuz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »

Thanks for reply. I figured that out and sold that PS3. Now it it's somebody else's problem smile.gif

relaxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:51:00 AM »

I just reflowed a YLOD PS3 and it now boots but demo games on the Hard Dive will not boot, just black screen.
I noticed the Blue Ray drive ribbon connector is broke and someone tried to fix it with crazy glue because I see white residue on the black clip and over some ribbon contacts...

Anyway I just want to confirm this, PS3 HD Demo's will NOT play without a working Blue Ray drive connected??

Hawkthexboxhero

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(relaxxx @ Nov 18 2010, 11:51 AM) View Post

I just reflowed a YLOD PS3 and it now boots but demo games on the Hard Dive will not boot, just black screen.
I noticed the Blue Ray drive ribbon connector is broke and someone tried to fix it with crazy glue because I see white residue on the black clip and over some ribbon contacts...

Anyway I just want to confirm this, PS3 HD Demo's will NOT play without a working Blue Ray drive connected??

Yes Exaclty
demos wont boot without the blue ray drive board!!
not the blue ray drive
if you only power the blue ray drive board and attach the blue ray cable, your demos will boot
if not, than its not your orginial blue ray board or the blue ray board is defective.. wink.gif

you understand?