xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Failed Laser Deck Installation - Grinding Noise And Drive Will Not Fee  (Read 104 times)

karim_ps

• Archived User

its the drive mechanism ,i had the same problem when i attempted to replace the laser lens for a friend ,its very difficult to fix it back ,everything should be well put in place .i wasted about 4 hours to fix it and i got it to work ,just open the drive and keep trying to put the cover on its place properly ,thats all i can provide as help , sorry .

karim_ps

• Archived User
Failed Laser Deck Installation - Grinding Noise And Drive Will Not Fee
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »

you can watch this video ,there's so many people out there with the same problem

watch the video in HQ and the related videos as well

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:00 PM »

Well I've given it a few tries so far, however there doesn't seem to be any difference in behaviour from the drive. One question I have though is are those two grey arms on top of the white ones at the front which move the mechanism supposed to be attached to the white ones and control their movement? As they don't seem to on mine and they both seem to move independently of one another.

I'm thinking that they may supposed to be attached and I have somehow disconnected them in error. Apologies if I'm not explaining this very well but if it helps then they are on the detachable part at the front which you need to remove to see the cogs underneath.

I have checked every other part of my drive and it all seems to be as he describes in that video.

Just to be clear, I mean these:

IPB Image

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 03:07:00 PM »

Actually, I think this may have answered my question, notably the part in the area entitled 'Tips'.

I highlighted the wrong area in that last post by the way, I think I was just a bit tired of seeing the thing. The parts I'm talking about are actually the ones highlighted in blue below.

IPB Image

karim_ps

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

hi
as i know those plastic parts (circled with blue in the pic above)are linked to each other ,they move together and there's a very small springs attached to them ,you have to be aware of them they are a trouble makers ,they look like the small one in the picture below
IPB Image

i hope you can fix it ,my best wishes .

Spark

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 02:30:00 AM »

Thanks, I did take those grey bumpers off last night to double check, however I couldn't see any springs on them. The only spring-like piece of metal I could see was a thin metal coil on each of the white bumpers underneath which then had a legnth coming off it  that appeared to go through the centre area of the main spindle. There didn't seem to be any other springs attached to them.