xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kem-400aaa Laser Availability  (Read 106 times)

Hoyt

• Archived User
Kem-400aaa Laser Availability
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »

Hello all,

I have an 80 gig PS3 that stopped reading discs.  All indications are that the laser lens is gone.  It will read pristine discs for a minute or two then stops.

The part number on the deck is KEM-400AAA.  I am having a very hard time finding this lens.

Is there another part number that can replace it (I doubt it, but I thought I would ask)?

Many thanks,

Hoyt

ewde1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(Hoyt @ Sep 15 2008, 10:48 AM) *

Hello all,

I have an 80 gig PS3 that stopped reading discs.  All indications are that the laser lens is gone.  It will read pristine discs for a minute or two then stops.

The part number on the deck is KEM-400AAA.  I am having a very hard time finding this lens.

Is there another part number that can replace it (I doubt it, but I thought I would ask)?

Many thanks,

Hoyt

part number equivalent is kes400a or kes400aaa  ...all work the exact same goto ebay like 57-77 bucks for laser alone...

Hoyt

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

Thank you very much for the reply.  A few days ago I did order just the laser lens of the part number you specified.  I wanted to get the whole deck to be safe but I couldn't find it.

Unfortunately the lens I got will not read a thing in the world.  At least the old lens would read some discs; this new one will not even read an audio CD.

The vendor said I could ship it back for a replacement.  The thing acts like it is trying to read the disc, but eventually gives up (I can see that it is lighting up in the process).

Dang...

ewde1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hoyt @ Sep 22 2008, 01:52 PM) *

Thank you very much for the reply.  A few days ago I did order just the laser lens of the part number you specified.  I wanted to get the whole deck to be safe but I couldn't find it.

Unfortunately the lens I got will not read a thing in the world.  At least the old lens would read some discs; this new one will not even read an audio CD.

The vendor said I could ship it back for a replacement.  The thing acts like it is trying to read the disc, but eventually gives up (I can see that it is lighting up in the process).

Dang...

yes hing kong is putting out bad lasers for the last few weeks...and vendors are trying to clear inventory ...whether OR NOT they work!! who is the vendor ..i know them all...keygame jimmy..all those dudes...
my opinion get a used laser from an ordinary guy on ebay...with a good feedback..i can sell you one for 80 bucks with the tray..and it WILL work..just use anti static protectio. by the way did you desolder the antistatic point on the laser pick up head!? if you didnt it wont work...

Hoyt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

Sorry for the late reply, been real busy with family stuff.

I contacted the vendor and he said that there was no anti-static point on the laser he sent me.  I did some research and other vendors said the same thing.  If there was one, it wouldn't light up would it?

He said to send it back and he would replace it, so I did send it back to him and am awaiting a replacement.

Does the deal about the anti static point sound right to you?

seriouslysilly

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 02:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hoyt @ Sep 27 2008, 02:58 PM) View Post

Sorry for the late reply, been real busy with family stuff.

I contacted the vendor and he said that there was no anti-static point on the laser he sent me.  I did some research and other vendors said the same thing.  If there was one, it wouldn't light up would it?

He said to send it back and he would replace it, so I did send it back to him and am awaiting a replacement.

Does the deal about the anti static point sound right to you?

I purchased a ps3 deck to replace the dead one.  I bought it off ebay from somebody in the USA.
I didn't have to remove any points on the cable and I think other sites state that one doesn't have to do it.
Bought the deck 2-3 weeks ago and is holding up to some video playback and hours of gaming.

QUOTE(paveynick @ Dec 22 2008, 01:04 PM) View Post

Anyone ever used these guys?

http://www.psxboy.co...KEM-400AAA.html

I am overall satisfied with psxboy.  recently purchased a bunch of PSP stuff from them and came in good time (chose ems shipping)
Only have 1 problem with the UMD lens as it is not reading.  have to wait during their store house to call them and let them know.

good luck!