xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Extra Cooling Question  (Read 192 times)

Steve-0

• Archived User
Extra Cooling Question
« on: January 14, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

hi all its been a while since my last post, ive noticed my 80gb is getting a bit warm nowadays even after a good clean, it lives horisontal and after doing the tissue test i noticed the vents on the right hand side suck air in, i was brought a intercooler that fits on the right as a pressie but never used it because of the horror stories ive read, it attaches on the right side and was set to suck air out, well my logic was if that vent pulls air in the putting the fans on it doing the opposite would be bad so i swapped the fans around so they pulled air into the ps3, ive tested it with a uncharted session and the top, front and sides are nice and cool, the bottom is still quite warm and the fan is still churning warm air out the back, ive given the fan its own power source (and the lumin8 bar) so its not abusing the ps3, would my little "experement" be a good idea to keep?, im using the logic its getting more cool air in and the ps3 fan is pulling warm air out so its getting a nice flow, without sounding like a total n00b is my logic correct?  here are a couple of pics to illustrate

IPB Image

all 3 now suck air in

IPB Image

dont mind the tape holding it on if its a good idea it will be attached properly

Steve-0

• Archived User
Extra Cooling Question
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:25:00 AM »

had a fairly good uncharted session, well my other half did, and the temps felt fine if not a bit cooler around the back and bottom, the top, side, and front was cold to the touch, so im gonna leave it on, i moved the lumin8 bar to the bottom to raise it up a bit and make it look cool, both the lights and fan are independently powered

IPB Image

i found out you can have the red and blue on at the same time so it kinda fades from blue to purple not pink into red

IPB Image

i know there aint much clearence but the back is totaly open and the exhausted air is being pulled away

IPB Image

turbocrow

• Archived User
Extra Cooling Question
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 11:08:00 AM »

Those coolers are useless do not bother and you can not tell if it is beneficial from feel alone you need to have a proper temperature reading. And you need more room.