xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Arcade Conotroller Help  (Read 218 times)

RDC

• Archived User
Ps3 Arcade Conotroller Help
« on: June 05, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »

There aren't any on here, might be over at the SRK forums as those guys are all about the Arcade Sticks, but there really isn't a whole lot to it and the info in the PS3 Controller TP Spots thread here has most all the info you'd really need.

One thing ya will find over there at the SRK forums is a member that has boards made up that just plug up to the PS3 controller, older versions only since they have that connector, then ya have access to all of the spots for your new buttons to wire them up and don't have to mess with the Pull-Up Resistors either as they're already installed on it. If yer looking for a really easy way to go about it look that thing up. wink.gif

Darksakul

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:57:00 PM »

I know this might of sound like a cheat, but what I did for a arcade controller was to wire up the stick and the buttons to a PS2 controller. And then connect the controller to a PS2 to PS3 USB adapter.

I used a cheap Game Stop brand PS2 controller for the board, wired the thing to an arcade joystick and fire buttons. I am sure you can search online for PS2 to PS3 USB adapters.

Not as elegant as using a actual PS3 controller but it works, My arcade controller also works on a PC using the same adapter.

Pulsemasta

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »

can't you buy a arcade controller for PS3? I thought they released one with SF?

Darksakul

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Jan 13 2010, 04:57 AM) View Post

can't you buy a arcade controller for PS3? I thought they released one with SF?

Yes there is a Street Fighter 4 Arcade Stick for the PS3.

Choices for PS3 arcade controllers are
This is from searching the internet in 5 minuets, most I found on Play-Asia

Street Fighter IV Arcade Fight Stick (Madcatz)

HORI Real Arcade (Hori)

Blazblue Fighting Stick (Hori)

Universal Fighting Stick (Mayflash)

Saulabi 4K Arcade Stick (Saulabi)

The King of Fighters XII 3in1 USB Pro Stick (Joytron )

Neo Geo Stick 2 (USB/ PS3) (Exar)

XCM Arcade Stick(S) (XCM)

X-Arcade Arcade (X-Arcade several models available)

"Build your own"

What I think
I honestly think what you choose depends on your budget and how reliable you want your controller to be.

The Hori arcade controllers are not bad if you do not mind later on replacing the joystick and buttons. Both Hori controllers are compatible with Japanese Arcade controller parts.

I would not trust Mayflash, most of what they make are very terrible gaming accessories and adapters.
Also I do not trust XCM for anything except for maybe replacement plastic housing for game consoles.
(XCM's aftermarket cooling fans for the 360 would increase your chances of a RROD, but this is a PS3 board LOL)

I built my own arcade controller, cost me a total of $75, and that includes all the parts, glue, electric tape and some of the tools. To be fair, I may as well post pictures of it so I would not look like I am all talk and no action. Maybe if I took the time I could so a write up for it.

IPB Image
My Custom Arcade controller with PS2 to PS3 USB adapter

IPB Image
Open case pic of my controller. FYI, that white stuff is hot glue.